Anyone using moto-X gloves for mtb??

BaGearA

While picking up some oil at a local Yamaha today I noticed some Fox gloves which looked pretty decent (as mtb gloves ) for R199 no special or anything just R199.

Now this is quite a lot cheaper than most Quality (I mean serias quality ) mtb gloves , I mainly ride scott and specialized gloves as they are the most comfortable and hardwearing gloves i.m.e.

So anyone actually using motorcycle gloves on their mtb rides ? How do they compare ? and they comfortable? and so on and so on.

Right now I pay around R500 for a set of gloves that last me between 4-6 months depending on crashes ect. so If i can have anything for a little cheaper or same price that is better quality or more hardwearing that would be great.

They main reason i ask this is that logic tells me A Moto_x glove will be tougher than any mtb glove 24/7.

Correct me if I'm wrong

which in the Fox range do they have for R199?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately they are incompatible.

MX bars and MTB bars have a different diameter/wall thickness so when closing your hand around MTB bars the MX gloves will not grip properly and will therefore be unsafe as they were designed for MX bars

:lol:  i think there's a special font for that response  ^_^

Nope can't use mx gloves for mtb. Due to the specially designed slip mx gloves have for improved smooth throttle application it will just permanently feel like your grips are throttling. Well your right grip.

At least you can stand over your bike in the parking lot and make bbbrrraaapppp noises with a clear conscious

MX bars and MTB bars have a different diameter/wall thickness so when closing your hand around MTB bars the MX gloves will not grip properly and will therefore be unsafe as they were designed for MX bars

Indeed.... Funny guy!  :thumbup:

But what if you ride a 29er? Surely then they will work?

Sent from my LG-H735 using Tapatalk

I've only ever used them coming off my background and work.

I have a bunch I use:

JT
Fist
Thor
Novik
Sinisalo

Cheaper and more durable than any mtb bike glove out there.

My 2c

Nope can't use mx gloves for mtb. Due to the specially designed slip mx gloves have for improved smooth throttle application it will just permanently feel like your grips are throttling. Well your right grip.

I would really disagree with you on that personally. Many - read most - mx gloves do not have that.

But what if you ride a 29er? Surely then they will work?

No they won't work. If you chat the the experienced salesman at your LBS I am sure they will show you the 29er specific gloves. Usually a bit more expensive but well worth the investment IMO.

Full Throttle is a shell of what they used to be, in terms of gloves. What other MX places in Jhb can be recommended? As in this week they have reasonably priced gloves under R300?

better yet, go ride MX and you will realise you don't need gloves to ride a mtb.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2h2pnj9.jpg

Almost 2 years worth and still using them. Can't remember what I paid but think on special at the ktm shop in meyersdal for about R150. My giant mnt bike gloves are less than a year and have been sewn thrice... Will always opt for my gloves if can find them on special .

They are a bit rougher for first few months . After that ????

post-51529-0-39443800-1475559717_thumb.jpeg

post-51529-0-16849500-1475559748_thumb.jpeg

That's perfect. Before I got lock on grips my grips where constantly turning and with mtb gloves it felt k@k. MX FTW.

Used my motorbike bike gloves in Winter as well.  Not the nice padding on the back to wipe your face, but still working great to keep the cold out...

My mate uses sailing gloves (short finger) for MTB. Last a hell of a lot longer than MTB gloves. Around R250 per pair I think.

Archived