The 100th Giro d'Italia

'Dale

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Froome, Pffftt. 

Without his strong team protecting the life out of him for 3 weeks he ain't ****. (In my eyes at least)

Contador is a fan favorite for a reason. 

You guys also did not mention Porte above. 

Porte doesn't have 3 weeks of racing in him...  He can win any of the shorter stage races, but he had at least one race-losing day in every single GT that he started.

Porte doesn't have 3 weeks of racing in him... He can win any of the shorter stage racers, but he had at least one race-losing day in every single GT that he started.

True. He's still a super talented rider though, and with some luck he might take top spot some day.

It's time Movistar realise that Valverde is their best bet to win the TdF this year. They are hyping up NQ way too much.

I know Giant has done pretty well in terms of stage victories in the various Grand Tours, but is this their first overall GT win?

they have indeed won the Giro before, not that long ago. bike was so fast it fell over

moved to "Let me introduce KODI to you..."

... Question, tried Saturday and Sunday to stream the Giro from Eurosport 1, Link 2. (via the Turks AddOn)

Very unstable... and kept on buffering or kicking out.

Have a 20Mb VDSL line,

Running Kodi 17 on Pi.

Anyone else having problems? Wanna get this working nicely before TdF

G

Ummm he's won the Vuelta 3 times, Giro 2 Times, TDF 2 times

Has someone told him that he has only won the Giro twice. He keeps showing 3 fingers.

Mr Cecil Nurse, when will you bring your tune back to my tv screen?

Honestly more annoying than MTN and their "coffee ad".

Froome does well because the Skyborgs are allowed to "pace" the peloton up the climbs, controlling everything.

We've seen it before to isolate Froome, the attacks need to start early on a stage while the 'borgs are still "sleeping".

In an ideal situation, I'd like to see a few teams with 2 good riders, both given equal opportunities for the team leadership rather than working for one person. Think back to when Carlos Sastre won the Tour... Cuddles had to mark both Schlecks and Sastre (all riding for CSC. He just couldn't cover all the attacks on stage 17, and Sastre (41 sec behind at the start of stage 17) put enough time on that stage to stay away from Cuddles.

He also TT better than his competitors, even winning the mountain stage time trial last year's TDF, no team to rely on there.

It's time Movistar realise that Valverde is their best bet to win the TdF this year. They are hyping up NQ way too much.

Good idea, should back Mr 365 as a tour rider. Nothing suspicious about a dude peaking the whole year, smashing classics then going off to ride some grand tours as a leader. At the age of 45, give me a break.

not so sure.  I like the way Valverde races AND i'm first to say that I'm not the biggest NQ fan, but one cannot deny that Valverde has a long history of falling short in GT's.  I know his form this spring was from another planet and that he has stood on several GT podiums in the past, but he has never truly been the reckoning force in a 3-week race.  NQ has a way more convincing track record in that department

not so sure.  I like the way Valverde races AND i'm first to say that I'm not the biggest NQ fan, but one cannot deny that Valverde has a long history of falling short in GT's.  I know his form this spring was from another planet and that he has stood on several GT podiums in the past, but he has never truly been the reckoning force in a 3-week race.  NQ has a way more convincing track record in that department

Mr Supernatural :whistling:

Has someone told him that he has only won the Giro twice. He keeps showing 3 fingers.

edit: typed a long reply but the argument that will follow ain't worth it.

moved to "Let me introduce KODI to you..."

... Question, tried Saturday and Sunday to stream the Giro from Eurosport 1, Link 2. (via the Turks AddOn)

Very unstable... and kept on buffering or kicking out.

Have a 20Mb VDSL line,

Running Kodi 17 on Pi.

Anyone else having problems? Wanna get this working nicely before TdF

G

I was running the same setup on 2mbps ADSL with no problems - buffered briefly but nothing worth complaining about.

Good idea, should back Mr 365 as a tour rider. Nothing suspicious about a dude peaking the whole year, smashing classics then going off to ride some grand tours as a leader. At the age of 45, give me a break.

Idonbiliefit

Quintana the 3rd ever to podium in 3 consecutive Grand Tours other than Hinault and Merckx

???????? ????????????

Archived