Momentum Active Dayz

Wil6

Hi Myles

Yes thanks I know about Strava, was just wondering if I were to do an indoor cycle then Strava would not be an option.

iHealth is not connected to the Apple Watch (misleading name I know) and a I more concerned about earning the 300 calories than the 10,000 steps.

I would suggest using the UP App and link it with Multiply then you can manually input your activity afterwards, I know it's a shlep but it's an option.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would suggest using the UP App and link it with Multiply then you can manually input your activity afterwards, I know it's a shlep but it's an option.

Cool, thanks Gen. Will give it a shot.

I recently started training again after a year of the bike, and would like to reach the maximum status on our Multiply Rewards program.

I see on Momentum's Website, that you get one active day if you burn 300 calories in a session. Is there a way you can get more points when training? Just on yesterdays training ride my calories burnt was 1867 calories. Surely you must get more points for this, or am I missing something?

Is there more tips and tricks to reach maximum status?

They actually make it Really easy to get an active day.. 300 calories is NOTHING.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

They actually make it Really easy to get an active day.. 300 calories is NOTHING.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Yes agreed but to get the maximum benefit you need to do it 16 times in a month, For people like us its easy(I think I have missed 5 active days this year so far) But for the average person its not. My wife made it in January but only had 14 days in Feb. She made it again in March. I have both my EDGE and VIVOFIT linked so if I don't ride(almost every ride is way over 300 calories) I get my 10000 steps.

Some devices also don't measure calories so if you can only measure steps then it becomes a bit harder. 300 calories is easier than 10000 steps.

Yes agreed but to get the maximum benefit you need to do it 16 times in a month, For people like us its easy(I think I have missed 5 active days this year so far) But for the average person its not. My wife made it in January but only had 14 days in Feb. She made it again in March. I have both my EDGE and VIVOFIT linked so if I don't ride(almost every ride is way over 300 calories) I get my 10000 steps.

Some devices also don't measure calories so if you can only measure steps then it becomes a bit harder. 300 calories is easier than 10000 steps.

Active days is just 24% of the total needed for private club. 

I like the changes they made to the structure this year.   Straight forward and easy, not a hundred different thingies you have to do.

And I agree, it is NOT difficult to get to private, I re-qualified before the end of Feb already.

Active days is just 24% of the total needed for private club. 

I like the changes they made to the structure this year.   Straight forward and easy, not a hundred different thingies you have to do.

And I agree, it is NOT difficult to get to private, I re-qualified before the end of Feb already.

Yeah its really easy. We are on almost 1300 points already. You klapped it quick!

Private club rocks! We save so much from edgars, PNP and takealot. 

Yeah its really easy. We are on almost 1300 points already. You klapped it quick!

Private club has indeed had a huge influence on my credit card.  hehe

Our whole family is flying down to Cape Town and staying in the Protea Hotel for the 2 Oceans, thanks to private club, for a BARGAIN.....

...if I don't ride(almost every ride is way over 300 calories) I get my 10000 steps.

My wife has to walk around a bit for her job (at least more than I do) and usually only has 5 000 steps by the end of the day. I have an office job, so it's always calories for me. Can't think of many situations where 10 000 steps would just happen automatically... :blink:

She missed Feb and March... :oops:

We're new, trying to work our way up. Do you guys use Momentum for the financial advisory part or should I look for third party advisor? I used the 'request a callback' option after logging in on Monday but still haven't heard from them. Being a bit of a DIY finance guy I'm not all that keen on yearly check-ups with a financial advisor, but seems necessary for the points.

I have a broker that helps A LOT with the life insurance and health, especially where there is difficult claims or gap cover claims.  You simply cannot know about and keep up with all the products and add-ons and what you can claim against what and what not.   I will not do my life insurance and medical aid without a broker.

And yes, that is where big points are as well!

My wife has to walk around a bit for her job (at least more than I do) and usually only has 5 000 steps by the end of the day. I have an office job, so it's always calories for me. Can't think of many situations where 10 000 steps would just happen automatically... :blink:

We're new, trying to work our way up. Do you guys use Momentum for the financial advisory part or should I look for third party advisor? I used the 'request a callback' option after logging in on Monday but still haven't heard from them. Being a bit of a DIY finance guy I'm not all that keen on yearly check-ups with a financial advisor, but seems necessary for the points.

What device does your wife use? I am using the vivofit for steps and don't really struggle to get 10k. I didn't ride today and am already on 2778 steps for the day. Had I ridden this morning it would have been a lot higher.

You might find the device is not picking up all your steps.

A broker client relationship Is often quite personal. Sharing info you wouldn't ordinarily. So it's quite important you get along or like the person you're dealing with.

As an independent myself, I would always favour going independent purely for the higher potential of an unbiased viewpoint, but being tied to a single company or being independent doesn't in itself mean the broker is good or bad. Some VERY good brokers are tied agents. Some tied agents are atrocious. Same for independent.

But yes. I'd always say you need to get a broker. Even if you DIY there are things you may not have considered that are pertinent to you and as such you're not actually covered for something where you need to be, or you have too much.

I have a broker that helps A LOT with the life insurance and health, especially where there is difficult claims or gap cover claims.  You simply cannot know about and keep up with all the products and add-ons and what you can claim against what and what not.   I will not do my life insurance and medical aid without a broker.

And yes, that is where big points are as well!

Yeah me too. Just by doing, well, nothing really I got plenty points at the beginning of the year. If I go take a few photos of my security bars, dogs and outside lights I would have my 1500. 

On a side note, Need new tyres for my bakkie. We get 15%( I think) off at tiger. But I got a quote from them and even after the discount I found the tyres cheaper elsewhere.

What device does your wife use? I am using the vivofit for steps and don't really struggle to get 10k. I didn't ride today and am already on 2778 steps for the day. Had I ridden this morning it would have been a lot higher.

You might find the device is not picking up all your steps.

She has a Garmin Forerunner 35. Should maybe install a phone app to track steps and see if they are vastly different.