What is this Specialized Power saddle all about

Chris NewbyFraser

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought the S-works power saddle just over a year ago, (switched from Fizik that made my nether regions dead). Its a great saddle but the quality of the fabric is poor!  Mine already has signs of wear on the nose of the saddle.

Have been a Spez saddle fan for years now. Phenom was my go to saddle untill I got a POWER.

Without a shadow of a doubt the most comfortable saddle I have ever owned.

• 2 weeks later...

For those that have changed over to a Power saddle; how long did it take you to get comfortable?

I got one on the new DS, but it is killing me! I was measured before hand. It feels like my proximal hamstrings are being pinched against the edge of the saddle.

Only done 15 km on mine so far. At least as good as the Phenom. I need to do a few more miles on it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I've done a couple of short rides, and 60 odd on saturday.

It just feels horrible

Set up correct? Took me a ride to get used to the "feel" (not having a piece of kit where there's always been one), but in terms of the sitting part it was comfortable from the off. Could just be that it just doesn't work for you.

Set up correct? Took me a ride to get used to the "feel" (not having a piece of kit where there's always been one), but in terms of the sitting part it was comfortable from the off. Could just be that it just doesn't work for you.

Set up is sorted...

I've always used prologo. I just can't get comfortable on this. If I sit where I should, my hamstrings gets nailed - its almost as if the saddle flares out too early/too far and it just pushes into the upper hammies

Maybe its just not for me

After a full weekend of riding MTB 140+ km's I can still say this is the most comfortable I've felt as far as seats go. Keep in mind my previous seat Fizik Gobi was much narrower but also softer with more padding.

Set up is sorted...

I've always used prologo. I just can't get comfortable on this. If I sit where I should, my hamstrings gets nailed - its almost as if the saddle flares out too early/too far and it just pushes into the upper hammies

Maybe its just not for me

Sounds like you might want to give it away to another Hubber?  :whistling:

Sounds like you might want to give it away to another Hubber? :whistling:

Give me another week or so, then this @¥£€ thing might just get donated

Those that have used the Phenom and Power, which one do you prefer? My Fizik is starting to show some wear and tear. Have a Phenom I bought here on the hub on my cx bike and it feels very similar to my Antares. Not that crazy though about the cutout when the road is wet.....

Give me another week or so, then this @¥£€ thing might just get donated

Yay!  Amped!

I'll book the courier now.

Archived