Win 1 of 2 Absa Cape Epic team entries with USN

News bot

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear there's a mountain out your side of the world.... :whistling:

How's challenge 2 looking, keeping an eye open for that update to the leaderboard, wondering how many people are going to drop off after tomorrow.

My challenge #3 plan is locked and loaded, gonna be ... interesting.

So what is your challenge 3 plan....I am still stuck between Breedtsnek or Hill Repeats in Kyalami and surrounds.......

So I went out on Saturday to complete challenge 2, keeping in mind my gps watch does not give moving time but total time. Get home and did only 4:48. So had to go out again on Sunday :D

So I went out on Saturday to complete challenge 2, keeping in mind my gps watch does not give moving time but total time. Get home and did only 4:48. So had to go out again on Sunday :D

Had the same problem and did not want to do it again so went 5:40 just to make sure.

Kudo's for doing it the next day. :thumbup:

I got home to see 4h56.  F#$&* 

Luckily the ride had only stopped, not finished so I started it again and went back out and around the block  :clap:

I'm going to have a problem with the next challenge though - I have no way of knowing how high I've climbed until I've uploaded the ride to Strava.  I'll just keep climbing hills until I just can't anymore and need to be recovered.  That should hopefully be enough.

I was supposed to finish challenge 2 this weekend, but that didn't end up happening.

So I've got a big day of riding tomorrow... Eish.

Trying to throw in 5+ hours of riding time in the week is a bit rough.

I was supposed to finish challenge 2 this weekend, but that didn't end up happening.

So I've got a big day of riding tomorrow... Eish.

Trying to throw in 5+ hours of riding time in the week is a bit rough.

Don't plan on having a productive work day.  I went before work last week and was a zombie all day.  I might as well have just called in sick and gone for a ride during the day  :whistling:

Don't plan on having a productive work day.  I went before work last week and was a zombie all day.  I might as well have just called in sick and gone for a ride during the day  :whistling:

I unfortunately have early meetings, so can only start in the afternoon... 

Looks like i'll be finishing up in the dark.  

Jeez dont know how I missed this, must have been working to hard, guess its to late to enter now, still I don't need much of an excuse to ride my bike.

Guys and Girls looking for hills in the JHB area I would look at doing the short loop at Suikerbos; 10km with 250m of elevation doing it 10 times should be fun. 

Jeez dont know how I missed this, must have been working to hard, guess its to late to enter now, still I don't need much of an excuse to ride my bike.

Guys and Girls looking for hills in the JHB area I would look at doing the short loop at Suikerbos; 10km with 250m of elevation doing it 10 times should be fun. 

Good suggestion thanks. I was going to give Breedts a bash but this can work as well.

I got home to see 4h56.  F#$&* 

Luckily the ride had only stopped, not finished so I started it again and went back out and around the block  :clap:

I'm going to have a problem with the next challenge though - I have no way of knowing how high I've climbed until I've uploaded the ride to Strava.  I'll just keep climbing hills until I just can't anymore and need to be recovered.  That should hopefully be enough.

Take a well known, often ridden climb, check up the average reading on Strava for that climb and divide 2500 by it. The answer is how many times you needs to do it.

You in Western Cape I see? Franshoek Pass 5 times, or Franschoek Pass up and over to the other side and over again should get you close.

Franshoek Pass is 460m from the monument to the top.

Finished challenge 2 at 21:46 last night. 

Sjoe, cutting it fine...

Also, note to self: Doing such a long ride after a full days work is tad tougher than usual.  :thumbup:

WoW....well done. Where did you ride?

WoW....well done. Where did you ride?

Thanks man.

Did 50kms on the Spruit, up to Alberts farm and back while I still had light. 

Then headed home and did the remainder of the ride in the surrounding suburbs. 

Didn't want to trek too far out in the dark on my own.