Personal safety app for cyclists

Gordon15

Looking at the posts on Bike Hub, it’s obvious that drivers and potholes aren’t the only dangers out there.

We have an award winning personal safety app, used by some of the top security companies in the world, which we are now keen to offer directly to everyone else, as there is clearly a need for cutting edge technology such as this.

While I think the product is already getting close to perfect for cyclists, I would appreciate it if you could click here and take 2 minutes to answer a few questions, to ensure that we’re on the right track.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YFLGHGY

Thanks!

Edited by Gordon15

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been testing a beta version of this app for the last few months, and it's great!  

My wife can track my rides in real time whenever I'm out, so apart from the safety aspect, she also doesn't need to worry about where I am or when I'll be back.  This is a positive not just for cycling but for driving, hiking or just being out and about.  Also a great way to find your partner in a shopping mall!  

I also like the wearable button which can activate an alert without needing to get to your phone - really good if you're confronted by an attacker or have a crash and can't get your phone out of your camelbak or pocket.

All in all I've been very impressed and am looking forward to the full launch!

is this mysos or a different app?

It's different, although we will have some of the same features, and a few more.

so no name for this app or website where can get more info???

We're still finalising the last details, hence this survey. If you've left your email at the bottom of the survey, you'll be the first to know the name and website info.

do we get discounts for using this app ?

currently we use KidControl and it is pretty awesome. Occasioanlly there is a delay in updating, but nothing refresh sorts out.

Does your app also have a perimeter fence ? Meaning if I leave the house it activates a message to the Mrs and then sends one to her when  I am back.

do we get discounts for using this app ?

currently we use KidControl and it is pretty awesome. Occasioanlly there is a delay in updating, but nothing refresh sorts out.

Does your app also have a perimeter fence ? Meaning if I leave the house it activates a message to the Mrs and then sends one to her when  I am back.

Hi Slowbee,

Thanks for the questions.

Yes, there will definitely be discounts, including a family rate.

The app will include the tracking ability of KidControl, plus a lot more features. Refresh rates and tracking levels are user defined, so it's far more accurate.

Geo-location journeys allow for start and finish notifications, as well the ability for the Mrs to follow your progress. 

Did you complete the survey? If you've left your email, we will include you in the early test group and you can see for yourself how it works.

Me and the missus was talking about something like this for a while now after seeing what another family member and his family have through Apple phones, tracking his wife live to see where she's at at any given moment. We are 5 in the household and this will be awesome to have for safety etc especially the kid's whereabouts.

A bad day cycling is better than a good day working.

Me and the missus was talking about something like this for a while now after seeing what another family member and his family have through Apple phones, tracking his wife live to see where she's at at any given moment. We are 5 in the household and this will be awesome to have for safety etc especially the kid's whereabouts.

A bad day cycling is better than a good day working.

Hi BSG,

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Tracking is an important part of our app, but there are also many other features to assist you in keeping your family safe. Will keep you posted.

My problem is i dont ride with with a smartphone for fear when i fall or get held up at knife point i dont want to still worry about my phone etc.

If you do ride with your phone there is alot of tracking tools out there, have been using them for 5 years when i ride a race like argus or k2c so that the wife knows when to be at the end waiting with a cold beer.

The thing that i am really interested in (and have been discussing this with alot of trail runners as well that dont want to carry heavy big phones) you get a small device, something like 4x2x1cm which is a gps/gsm module. You insert a simcard in it and you can be tracked. Its got a lithium battery and because no display it can go without charge for a while.

Its got a panic button on it which will send out SOS to certain numbers and it can be activated remotely for when someone searches for you.

I've been eyeing one of these to hide in my frame for if (when) my bike gets stolen i can track it live. Best part, they retail for less than R400.

post-25630-0-73798000-1476334643_thumb.png

My problem is i dont ride with with a smartphone for fear when i fall or get held up at knife point i dont want to still worry about my phone etc.

If you do ride with your phone there is alot of tracking tools out there, have been using them for 5 years when i ride a race like argus or k2c so that the wife knows when to be at the end waiting with a cold beer.

The thing that i am really interested in (and have been discussing this with alot of trail runners as well that dont want to carry heavy big phones) you get a small device, something like 4x2x1cm which is a gps/gsm module. You insert a simcard in it and you can be tracked. Its got a lithium battery and because no display it can go without charge for a while.

Its got a panic button on it which will send out SOS to certain numbers and it can be activated remotely for when someone searches for you.

I've been eyeing one of these to hide in my frame for if (when) my bike gets stolen i can track it live. Best part, they retail for less than R400.

attachicon.gifgps.png

I have a client who is looking for something like this, and we've been struggling to find one which is waterproof. Any idea if this one is? 

Like your idea of the cold beer. Might need to include it in our marketing material as another benefit!  :thumbup:

Edited by Gordon15