First Ride Review: Cannondale Scalpel-Si Carbon 3

Iwan Kemp

So, must've missed it somehwere, what is the best tyre upgrade for these rims?

I'm going with Barzo front and Ikon rear as soon as Racing Ralphs expire. Alternative would be Fast Trak and Ground Control from Spez.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, must've missed it somehwere, what is the best tyre upgrade for these rims?

what do you want?

Aggressor (f)/Ikon ® mix would be my guess for that bike whilst keeping XCish tendencies. 

Need some urgent advice.  My Scalpel coming this week but the bikeshop wants to charge me extra for tubeless.  The bike catalog says that the rims and tires are tubeless ready, so i dont know what else would be required other than a tubeless valve en some stans?

Can someone set me straight?

Need some urgent advice.  My Scalpel coming this week but the bikeshop wants to charge me extra for tubeless.  The bike catalog says that the rims and tires are tubeless ready, so i dont know what else would be required other than a tubeless valve en some stans?

Can someone set me straight?

Rim tape

Sealant

Valves

Labour

Rim tape

Sealant

Valves

Labour

But if the rims are "tubeless ready", i would assume that it already has rim tape on ?  So would need valves and sealant only?

But if the rims are "tubeless ready", i would assume that it already has rim tape on ? So would need valves and sealant only?

Nope. Just means they are compatible with a tubeless tyre bead afaik. Still has spoke holes

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone fitted a dropper to the new SI ?  Wondering what the correct specifications would be. In the 2017 bike mag bible, they fitted a 170mm reverb and they "cant  imagine the scalpel without it" 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Me again with my color codes.

Looking for the code for the Cannondale Scalpel Si 4 Acid Green?

Chip on chain stay that needs to be fixed without having to disassemble and ship down to Cape Town for a repair.

One would swear the spaz boys spent the winter holidays at the crackondale design office and modeled the new 2018 spaz off the sharp as a scalpel scalpel!

p5pb14884085.jpg

just taking a dig at spaz here :P

could be but the design on the paint work is still the same .....they only changed the colours. Marotte raced this colour during the weekends Worldcup.....the ENVE50 is also still the current ones....but as seen at the EPIC(2017) and on Fumic  / Marottes current bikes.....the ENVE look different.....possibly a new ENVE50 to be launched later this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...