Ironman 70.3 Durban

ScottCM

For the seasoned pro's, have any of your family members ever used the sms tracking service? how often does it get updated or does it only update at the transition points?

It updates every time you cross a timing mat, which will be at the start finish of transition and a number of points along the run. Also think there maybe a mat at the turnaround point of the cycle but cannot remember,

I prefer to use this app with family and friends https://www.imtrackr.me/

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It updates every time you cross a timing mat, which will be at the start finish of transition and a number of points along the run. Also think there maybe a mat at the turnaround point of the cycle but cannot remember,

Thanks, how does the app work? do you need to carry your device with you?

Thanks, how does the app work? do you need to carry your device with you?

The app is for friends and family, you carry nothing.  You will race with an electronic timing tag around your left ankle, every time you cross a mat the app will update.

On the app, when the Durban race is ready, they can type in your race number as well as any other race numbers of others they want to follow.

Edited by shaper

+1 for https://www.imtrackr.me/

Good luck all, the weather was beautiful in Durbs this past weekend, I hope it holds out.

And especially good luck for the new transitions... I can't wait to hear how they go

For the seasoned pro's, have any of your family members ever used the sms tracking service? how often does it get updated or does it only update at the transition points?

From my experience at the EL 70.3, my family got about 6 updates during the day via sms. Proven to work very well.

The proceeds for signing up for the sms tracking also goes toward 'Ironman 4 The Kidz' which is a cool cause.

Will enjoy this cold weather running the MTN 21km tomorrow as my last long run  :blink: then will enjoy a nice taper week :)

As for Durbs, was there yesterday for business and was hot and still pretty humid coming from the Joburg cold..... so make sure you hydrate well on the bike leg and especially on the run.... I feel it is going to be a hot one again!!

Edited by shaper

Spoke to a friend in Durbz. It's 16c there and a little cool today. 

So much FOMO. Got the flu, got better. A week later it came back but with a vengeance (as bronchitis). Finally feel ok to attempt a slow run today. Hope no one else has suffered. 

It's fine. Will live vicariously through all the race reports. 

Edited by EmJayZA

So much FOMO. Got the flu, got better. A week later it came back but with a vengeance (as bronchitis). Finally feel ok to attempt a slow run today. Hope no one else has suffered. 

I have been suffering big time with this damn flu....damn insidious as it just lingers and lingers...luckily been sort of training albeit slow so I can score smoothies..hehe.... 3 weeks now.

heal up... and get out there.

Min dae now, will be traveling down to Durban next week this time last big push this weekend 

and then taper week , try to eat clean and hydrate and stay healthy Good luck to all athletes for

next Sunday enjoy and be safe out there.  

Bronchitis seems to be going around-two of the guys in our training group is down and it seems it lasts long. Heal up and rest that's the best to do.

Thanks. I am going to be a wuss and train indoors this weekend. Low intensity stuff for a few days and then will get back to my usual training. Hope everyone stays healthy. 

Race week!!!!... taper week :)

Last long run and ride done over the weekend... now just some short sharp speed work and hit the road Friday

Weather looking perfect !!

Sunday 18/06/2017

02:00–08:00 Fair. 20° 0 mm vindpil.0075.210.s.pngFresh breeze, 8 m/s from south-southwest

08:00–14:00 Partly cloudy. 18° 0 mm vindpil.0050.240.s.pngGentle breeze, 5 m/s from west-southwest

14:00–20:00 Fair. 19° 0 mm vindpil.0025.190.s.pngLight breeze, 3 m/s from south-southwest

20:00–02:00 Clear sky. 16° 0 mm vindpil.0025.275.s.pngLight breeze, 3 m/s from west

https://www.yr.no/place/South_Africa/KwaZulu-Natal/Durban/long.html

Edited by shaper