They have been limited to only talk to the Yanks..[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Aha - so we get the Aussies :ph34r:  :ph34r:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies if already discussed but am I missing something or just being doff but what has happened to the Phil and Paul show?

You can find them commentating on NBCSN if you stream it

You can find them commentating on NBCSN if you stream it

Thanks - no problem with the current guys, just had been listening to Phil and Paul since they first started broadcasting it live and it seems strange without them after all these years :mellow:

Just read on Rueters.com that some teams (FDJ and BMC) are bitching and moaning about Sky's dimpled TT suits - they say it gives them an unfair advantage of about 4-7%...

Apologies if already discussed but am I missing something or just being doff but what has happened to the Phil and Paul show?

They have been limited to only talk to the Yanks..[emoji106]

Aha - so we get the Aussies :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Spanish TV has Pedro Delgado!

I'm waiting for him to turn up late for work :-)

Just read on Rueters.com that some teams (FDJ and BMC) are bitching and moaning about Sky's dimpled TT suits - they say it gives them an unfair advantage of about 4-7%...

Very interesting. I think I agree with those other teams (even though I am a Sky fan) The rules say that the skin suit must follow the shape of the body and not have anything added to increase aerodynamic effect.

Just because their dimpling is integrated, and small, doesn't excuse them. I think we're about to see some interesting integration attempts into skinsuits. And I think the UCI will have to bring it back and disallow all these integrations, including Sky's...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Ag asb..

They must stop whinging

BMC are becoming real cry babies and well FDJ are French they moan ..it's what they do

Very interesting. I think I agree with those other teams (even though I am a Sky fan) The rules say that the skin suit must follow the shape of the body and not have anything added to increase aerodynamic effect.

Just because their dimpling is integrated, and small, doesn't excuse them. I think we're about to see some interesting integration attempts into skinsuits. And I think the UCI will have to bring it back and disallow all these integrations, including Sky's...

Question is gonna be what they are going to do about it before the second ITT on the penultimate stage?

It's not the first Tim Sky use it. I recall seeing Thomas wearing it during the Giro. why didn't they moan then?

I am not a Sky fan.. but I very much doubt anything would've given them an advantage on Saturday in that rain.

Question is gonna be what they are going to do about it before the second ITT on the penultimate stage?

Agree. I think Sky will be pitching with 2 suit options. Interested to see if anyone else brings some engineering along, as I am sure everyone's been experimenting.

Formula 1 vibes anyone?

It's not the first Tim Sky use it. I recall seeing Thomas wearing it during the Giro. why didn't they moan then?

I am not a Sky fan.. but I very much doubt anything would've given them an advantage on Saturday in that rain.

Interesting. I'm sure its very subtle, but I think its about to open a can of worms for all sorts of subtle changes.

Although I have some dimpling effect well integrated into my butt and can confirm it hasn't helped me much....

The skinsuit in question.....

post-77414-0-55975200-1499066830_thumb.jpg

Isn't there a brand of TT helmet that's dimpled like a golf ball as well? Maybe UCI rules differ for clothing vs helmets?

Sounds like a bit of 'dammit, why didn't we think of that' to me. Anyway, everyone now has the greenlight if they want it, granted tricky to implement within the current TdF...

Emotions came out after the race.. he had a good cry while sitting on the pavement. . It meant a lot to him.

I was surprised at KitKat's emotional intensity

It seems that the return of a Grand Tour to Germany had a lot to do with his heart bursting open.

:thumbup:

More on sky suits http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/skys-vortex-generator-skinsuits-questioned-by-tour-rivals-but-permitted-by-commissaires/

"We already tested vortex generators three years ago in the wind tunnel and the effects were very advantageous," Grappe told reporters before stage 2 in Dusseldorf. "I went to see the commissaires and reminded them that this was a rule modified during the winter. The rule said that new materials were now authorised for using skinsuits, so we made a lot of different skinsuits with our partners, modifying the textiles used so as to penetrate the air better.

The skinsuit in question.....

attachicon.gifkiri.jpg

Isn't there a brand of TT helmet that's dimpled like a golf ball as well? Maybe UCI rules differ for clothing vs helmets?

Sounds like a bit of 'dammit, why didn't we think of that' to me. Anyway, everyone now has the greenlight if they want it, granted tricky to implement within the current TdF...

#vortex

Hmmm

Sky loves the grey area hey  :whistling:

Edited by 'Dale