Bonus

It could be a complicated finish today

a0977afa42362c216c28c884dc95e699.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Maybe this time they(the jury) will see Demare swerve all over and cut people off. Should be another hectic last few kms.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

agree Gen, how far is that roundabout away from the finish?

The one is at 1km to go..which will probably be the more tricky of the two..the other one at 200m to go.. but thx to Mr Lem you can see the last one is okay-ish .. don't have a stretch few of the one at 1km to go..

dd42b9f64890d3b3ed485fd94771facc.jpg

Maybe this time they(the jury) will see Demare swerve all over and cut people off. Should be another hectic last few kms.

Don't hold your breath..

I'm calling it, at least two crashes WILL happen in the last kilometer! :wacko:

We don't want that. Even if I am still angry I wouldn't want anyone else to get hurt. .but yeah.. with a flat run in the speed will be very very high.

The biggest problem here will be the GC teams getting in the way ... they come up too much and between 5-3km to go they are just a nuisance.

The biggest problem here will be the GC teams getting in the way ... they come up too much and between 5-3km to go they are just a nuisance.

Exqueeze me? A nuisance?

The TdF is the race for the Yellow Jersey. The green jersey is just noise. Uncultured brutes stomping pedals like a herd of triceratops from years of legend. These flat stages are a nuisance and the winners go down as footnotes in the annals of history. It is only the Yellow Jersey, the true embodiment of cycling, upon which the pantheon of cycling legends are built.

...a nuisance

We don't want that. Even if I am still angry I wouldn't want anyone else to get hurt. .but yeah.. with a flat run in the speed will be very very high.

I hope I am wrong.

I agree fully with the above point, the GC guys are a big part of the problem.

Wonder if they will ever consider a suggestion someone made previously where your GC time is taken at 3km from the end on a flat stage and the Sprinters trains then have enough time to go for the stage honours. They do it like that in any case when there is an accident, why not do it always?

EDIT:Spelling

Edited by Rookie85

If there are any more sprint crashes, The GC teams will be the only teams left fighting for the win...........

Exqueeze me? A nuisance?

The TdF is the race for the Yellow Jersey. The green jersey is just noise. Uncultured brutes stomping pedals like a herd of triceratops from years of legend. These flat stages are a nuisance and the winners go down as footnotes in the annals of history. It is only the Yellow Jersey, the true embodiment of cycling, upon which the pantheon of cycling legends are built.

...a nuisance

They are a nuisance in the flat stages when they are at the front of the peloton too close to the finish when the sprinter teams are trying to organise. Not in general.. ontspan.

The one is at 1km to go..which will probably be the more tricky of the two..the other one at 200m to go.. but thx to Mr Lem you can see the last one is okay-ish .. don't have a stretch few of the one at 1km to go..

dd42b9f64890d3b3ed485fd94771facc.jpg

That swing left with a narrower road at 200m to go is gonna cause chaos in the sprint as it's 200m to the line when all the chaps are jockeying for position. No way to expect the guys to hold lines to the letter with the finish line that close after!

Yes, the run up to this roundabout will make the previous one even more important! No way for any teams to come from behind on this course finish without doing something absolutely extraordinary!

Edited by Tubehunter

That swing left with a narrower road at 200m to go is gonna cause chaos in the sprint as it's 200m to the line when all the chaps are jockeying for position. No way to expect the guys to hold lines to the letter with the finish line that close after!

Yes, the run up to this roundabout will make the previous one even more important! No way for any teams to come from behind on this course finish without doing something absolutely extraordinary!

Also no idea how they will arrange the barriers..the buildings on the left look to be close to the road..surely they won't put the barriers in the road to accommodate the spectators?

Hope the sprinters keep their elbows within the width of their handlebars today, we don't want to see anymore disqualifications from LeTour... :ph34r:

Exqueeze me? A nuisance?

...a nuisance

Please don't misunderstand me.. I am only referring to sprint finishes. And that because of the 3km rule they have to be too close to the front while the sprint teams try and organise..it's an added danger the riders have been asking for change regarding this for many years.

Also no idea how they will arrange the barriers..the buildings on the left look to be close to the road..surely they won't put the barriers in the road to accommodate the spectators?

The finish is very narrow. .yoh357bb9b3856b2d4f0565cc65b56da587.jpg

The finish is very narrow. .yoh357bb9b3856b2d4f0565cc65b56da587.jpg

ja nee kyk... ek voorspel heelwat bruin bibs vanaand...