Bonus

Its like a podcast debate I was listening too on the plane yesterday about Trump supporters.

Either Trump did something or he didn't, to start debating about about the motive of debate is simply a deflection tactic that children use when losing an argument. 

Either Sagan intentionally elbowed Cav or he didn't. Simple.

Making this about "Sagan disciples" and their blind support etc is nothing more than a lazy attempt to gain some hypothetical advantage in the debate through deflection, because now the people who you called "fanboys" or "disciples" must first refute that before being able to get back to the original point, but that doesn't happen, as the course of the debate has changed.

And as long as we are not debating what "Trump" did or did not do, our opinions or stances on the issue remain uncontested. 

Not a go at the respective supporters or viewpoints. But this is getting a bit tiresome, as it just goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on to nowhere

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't matter who was at fault here, only fact is that the overly harsh, kneejerk decision, has taken away much from the spectacle that is the TDF.

Patch, just for you.

I think Sagan was lucky the UCI did not take away his rainbow jersey really...

oooooooh  - Sags fans lighting the torches and getting their pitch forks...

I think is about time there was some sanity brought back to the thread...... GO FROOME !!!  :ph34r:  :whistling:

You sure are a tightly wound individual.

Relax, I'm having fun with you, what with you getting your knickers in a knot so easily.

OK, I'm outta here, gonna miss the rehash......

You can stop speculating about what type person I am, those here that know me, know very well that I am not highly strung at all, nor that there are "multiple versions" of me (see how I must now defend something that you simply invented... proves my earlier point about deflection)

What I don't have time for is people who want to pass comments on others opinions, but don't have the decency to present their version or opinion. But I am not going to let you make this about me in an a cheap attempt to run away.

So again, whats your opinion on the Sagan/Cav incident?

Can we just imagine quickly if we changed it around.

Sagan against the barriers and going down with Cav drifting across.

This scenario seems more likely if one looks at historical behavior? :P

This scenario seems more likely if one looks at historical behavior? :P

Agreed

It would have been a "typical Cav, ya dirty bastard" scenario

You can stop speculating about what type person I am, those here that know me, know very well that I am not highly strung at all, nor that there are "multiple versions" of me (see how I must now defend something that you simply invented... proves my earlier point about deflection)

What I don't have time for is people who want to pass comments on others opinions, but don't have the decency to present their version or opinion. But I am not going to let you make this about me in an a cheap attempt to run away.

But lets continue here.. lot more entertaining!  :clap:

Not a go at the respective supporters or viewpoints. But this is getting a bit tiresome, as it just goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on to nowhere

I agree, but thats humans, we need the next scandal to forget the previous one.

It will blow over soon, just like all things do sooner or later.

Fighting it just perpetuates that Streisand effect.

Can we just imagine quickly if we changed it around.

Sagan against the barriers and going down with Cav drifting across.

Oh ja, and all the SAGAN lovers, please dont say he would have bunny hopped the barrier, signed several autographs and crossed the finish line before the yellow jersey came through.

Some amateur footage has emerged showing the crash from the other side.

CreamyConfusedEkaltadeta-size_restricted

I couldnt have executed a most perfect **** you maneuver better than that myself... he didnt even bat an eyelid.  :lol:

Oh ja, and all the SAGAN lovers, please dont say he would have bunny hopped the barrier, signed several autographs and crossed the finish line before the yellow jersey came through.

They know that he couldn't do that.... he sometimes struggles to just ride next to them.

However, once you look at the replays you can see that "The Jacket" went for a gap that wasn't there. 

http://keyassets.timeincuk.net/inspirewp/live/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/Crash805pp.jpg

You guys do realise you are 'Andre' brothers eh?

The facts are that the commissionaires were going to take a harsh stance w.r.t. unsafe sprinting. This was communicated to the racers before the tour started. The 3 second rule was another attempt to clear the road for the sprinters by allowing the GC trains to not try and sit in the sprint. 

Unfortunately, the world champ had to pay the price. Whether we agree or not with their [re]actions, this is how it is. 

People taking single frames / phrases and place them into contexts that suits them are not adding to the overall debate of the happenings, but just spreading confusion.

The only real items of interest are

1. What happened during the chats the various teams had with the commissionaires

2. The reasoning process of the commissionaires (taking away the deflection about them not being racers), and

3. The evidence the commissionaires took into account to reach their verdict.

We are not privy to the above 3 items, so anything else is actually just speculation or attempts to justify own points of view

I think Sagan was lucky the UCI did not take away his rainbow jersey really...

Or forced him to cut his hair :D

Archived