Bonus

Flip, that is a nice strong group, right size and composition.

Probably have a 0% chance of reaching the finish line though, seeing as it is a CAT 1 mountaintop finish...

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you make a good point there Gen.

I would like to see if this will be the benchmark though.  

I agree with your post, especially the 3 points raised!

But on the highlighted part, I do differ a bit.

When this first happened, I was of the opinion that Sagan was at fault, I even Tweeted as much. But through the presentation of these facts and subsequent opinions of the Pros, I changed my opinion.

You changed your mind on it being his fault or about the severity of what he had done?

I think mostly it is best to watch at real speed..they don't race and make decisions frame by frame or in slow motion. To me he is at fault...There is no doubt he move into Cav's line and closed him down.Did he see him..Not really that relevant to me as that will only indicate malicious intend.He had to get onto Demare's wheel to have a chance to win and he went for it full on.Was it overly aggressive and dangerous...NO.. not more than what we see almost everyday in the big sprints.

And with that I am out..enjoy the racing everyone.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Also into girls now?

Well one think about the Sags insident is we have had people on this tread over the last day that I have never seen on the racing topics before!!

Now just stay with us for the rest of the tour and keep on adding your 3cents...????

You changed your mind on it being his fault or about the severity of what he had done?

I think mostly it is best to watch at real speed..they don't race and make decisions frame by frame or in slow motion. To me he is at fault...There is no doubt he move into Cav's line and closed him down.Did he see him..Not really that relevant to me as that will only indicate malicious intend.He had to get onto Demare's wheel to have a chance to win and he went for it full on.Was it overly aggressive and dangerous...NO.. not more than what we see almost everyday in the big sprints.

At first I thought that Sagan blatantly elbowed Cav, causing him to crash.

I am now of the opinion that it was a combination of faults. Sagan moving across (but he wasn't looking behind him) and Cavs for taking a very risky gap.

So in summary, my mind changed from;

Sagan maliciously causing the accident with an elbow: Worthy of a DQ.

to

It actually just being a sprinting incident that we see all the time: Not worthy of a DQ

Big difference, intent.

And with that I am out..enjoy the racing everyone.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I think Sagan will want to reverse this whole mess and aim to do well at the Vuelta............

A lot of pressure on Porte to perform today. Even though he's lost a little time SKY won't let him out of their sight.

Tough one to call, but I'm going to Say Martin or Fuglsang.

I agree with your last post here Patch .

Watching it live yesterday I immediately said that PS was gonna be in a bit of poo ....

However have watched it numerous times , and looking at the images posted here , I think VERY unfortunate but 99.9% a racing/sprinting accident .

Definately a harsh penalty for PS , but an equally harsh result for MC .

I HOPE MainCheese has a good day today , but think Porte is gonna lay down some pain ....

At first I thought that Sagan blatantly elbowed Cav, causing him to crash.

I am now of the opinion that it was a combination of faults. Sagan moving across (but he wasn't looking behind him) and Cavs for taking a very risky gap.

So in summary, my mind changed from;

Sagan maliciously causing the accident with an elbow: Worthy of a DQ.

to

It actually just being a sprinting incident that we see all the time: Not worthy of a DQ

Big difference, intent.

smack bang on the money

A lot of pressure on Porte to perform today. Even though he's lost a little time SKY won't let him out of their sight.

Tough one to call, but I'm going to Say Martin or Fuglsang.

Ja agree...If Porte gets away today then he is on super super legs..The whole world is going to mark him!!

They might just give Martin some room..plus if it comes down to the last 500m I think he is best at those classic like kicks.

I HOPE MainCheese has a good day today , but think Porte is gonna lay down some pain ....

Have you seen how ripped he is??

Somebody doesn't get that ripped unless they have a goal.... Lets hope he pulls the pin once or twice this year. Last year he Nairo'ed his way to Paris.

Edit: These are the legs of a dude who is on a mission.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWEwYKllPJc/

Archived