The Pyrenees - Road, MTB & Enduro Riding, Trail Building, Iconic GT Climbs & Nearby Attractions....

Bonus

Ai ai ai Bonus.........looking at your pictures, I might just one day show up on your doorstep with a bike over my shoulder! ;) Keep posting! :thumbup:

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My other half and I are coming to your neck of the woods in June next year. Gonna do some TDF climbs on the roadies around Lourdes and then across the border to Ainsa probably.

Ai ai ai Bonus.........looking at your pictures, I might just one day show up on your doorstep with a bike over my shoulder! ;) Keep posting! :thumbup:

Anytime! You'll love it here :-)

My other half and I are coming to your neck of the woods in June next year. Gonna do some TDF climbs on the roadies around Lourdes and then across the border to Ainsa probably.

Nice!

Climbs like the Col du Tourmalet and Luz Ardiden which are just south of Lourdes are only a couple of hours drive from us.

Nice!

Climbs like the Col du Tourmalet and Luz Ardiden which are just south of Lourdes are only a couple of hours drive from us.

Yeah we have a hit list.

Tourmalet. Hautacam. Luz Ardiden. Aubisque and a few others. We are planning on staying in Argelese Gazost with Hautacam and Aubisque (I think) right on the doorstep.

We'll probably fly in to Toulouse and rent a car (which I hate doing in Europe) We'll rent bikes in Argeles. I've made contact with a shop there.

I was punting Andorra but my better half loves Spain so that's gonna win once we are done in France. This is all budget dependent tho. 

Anytime! You'll love it here :-)

Did a bit around Barcelona and its' hills two years ago. Would love to do Montserrat on a road bike. Kicked myself that I let the family talk me into taking the bloody cremallera up there. Almost mugged a guy on a Colnago at the top, to grab his bike and ride it down!

The track that runs alongside the Rio Ara between Boltaña and Ainsa.

I rarely see more than the odd jogger or occasionally some older people walking along here. More often than not I see no one.  

Ainsa old town is up on he hill and behind it the Pyrenees. . . . .

post-4874-0-12101100-1565375563_thumb.jpg

Climbing up the singletrack on Zona Zero Route 18 between the villages of Margurgued and Guaso you come across this skull . . . .

post-4874-0-63580300-1565759964_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bonus

• 2 weeks later...

Guiding this week with Grant & Carol from New Zealand.

Yesterday we did one of my Techy XC routes, today Zona Zero Route 7. . . . Grant is on a beautiful Bronson . . .

They did Jo'burg to Sea this year and enjoyed it.

post-4874-0-64736900-1566841653_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bonus

• 2 weeks later...

Guided Brandy from the US for a day last week.

Beautiful hot day when we started. Over the first hill and we heard thunder in the distance. Up on the plateau we just caught the edge of the rain and took refuge in one of the many old stone shelters we have here. Towards the end of the ride as we headed back towards the car the weather cleared again and we finished in sunshine.

The car meanwhile, despite never being more than a few km's away from us, saw no rain at all.

Such is the weather in the mountains!

post-4874-0-19202900-1568269059_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-05519400-1568269071_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-34677800-1568269092_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-39127300-1568269101_thumb.jpg

Hey man.

My other half and I are doing a trip to your neck of the woods. We fly in to Toulouse and then rent a car there. We arrive in Argeles Gazost on 3 June. We're planning on doing Hautacam, Luz Ardiden, Tourmalet etc. We're renting roadies there. We're there for 9 days. Then back to Amsterdam for 2 nights and back home.

But we are going to be renting a car so we are looking at popping over the border to your neck of the woods. Rob loves Spain and I could see her eyes light up when I showed her a pic of Ainsa.

So I've got 2 questions please.

Are there any climbs from Ainsa that have been used in the Vuelta that we can add to our hit list?

And is there an opportunity to get a vehicle uplift in Ainsa and so SUUUUUPER easy downhill MTB and rental bikes of course? Maybe even E Bikes.

Hi Duane!

Will be good to see you.

I'll have to look into the "Vuelta" question for you - I know it's been through Ainsa before and back in September 2016 "the day Froome lost the Vuelta" happened about an hours drive west of here in Sabinanigo . . . .

Re MTB'ing here - yes, you can hire bikes - Normal or E are available. I can help you with that. I'm sure with my car and a couple of normal bikes we can find some pretty awesome but not too difficult stuff to do though - I know the area fairly well . . . . . :-)

Re MTB'ing here - yes, you can hire bikes - Normal or E are available. I can help you with that. I'm sure with my car and a couple of normal bikes we can find some pretty awesome but not too difficult stuff to do though - I know the area fairly well . . . . . :-)

Ok rad. I reckon we'll go the E-Bike route. After days doing TDF cols a little E-Bike action might go down a treat.

Ok rad. I reckon we'll go the E-Bike route. After days doing TDF cols a little E-Bike action might go down a treat.

I have a friend who runs an E-Bike hire company. Closer to the time we can check prices.

If I guide you though you'll have to wait for me - I only have a leg powered bike!

Met up with a fellow Brit at the weekend and guided him around some of our Zona Zero Singletracks.

Leo lived in CPT for a few years as a teenager so we had lots to talk about!

We also had some interesting chats regarding ideas for advertising & promoting ourselves here in Spain and we're going to keep in touch now and help each other out a bit. 

Always good to share ideas and offer help if you can. It's one of the things that makes the world go around :-) 

post-4874-0-05869100-1568646589_thumb.jpg