The Pyrenees - Road, MTB & Enduro Riding, Trail Building, Iconic GT Climbs & Nearby Attractions....

Bonus

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The philosophy here is "If you're riding a trail and you see a stone in the way, just move it". If everyone does that then the Zona Zero trails remain well maintained with the minimum of work. 

The Zona Zero team have provided a broom at the Pump Track so that if anyone turns up to ride and the track is a bit dirty, they can give it a sweep.....

:-)

post-4874-0-40509900-1608660569_thumb.jpg

Cool posts and pics! Thoroughly enjoying them. Definitely makes me want to visit as soon as it is “allowed”. Thanks for sharing.

Glad you're enjoying them MB!

Be great to see you here one day :-)

I have spent a large amount of time in Italy - Trentino and Umbria mtb’ing but I would love to check out the Pyrenees some day. My wife and I work remotely, so this looks like a good base to check out provided there is a decent Internet connection.

I have spent a large amount of time in Italy - Trentino and Umbria mtb’ing but I would love to check out the Pyrenees some day. My wife and I work remotely, so this looks like a good base to check out provided there is a decent Internet connection.

Judging by Bonus’s hub posts the connection is world class

Last ride of the year - a spin in the snow. :-)

It's cold here now, need to dig out my winter kit. Summer kit plus "arm warmers and a Buff" are just not enough!

And we think a low 20 degree CELCIUS December day is cold ....

It was around 4 degrees when I was out. The climbs and the flats are ok - but descending at 40km/h provides quite a nasty chill-factor!

And if you sweat while climbing.......how slow can you climb so as not to sweat

And if you sweat while climbing.......how slow can you climb so as not to sweat

It's tricky, even spinning up a steep climb gets you breathing cold air in deeply (which is tough on the lungs) and very quickly warms the legs....sweat-time will follow! 

Easiest option is a gently undulating XC ride!

• 2 weeks later...