Ironman 2017 - PE

IceCreamMan

Yeah - I am not sure I want to do a full either. After reading through all the issues everyone is having, and the time it takes to train, I don't know if it is worth it for me. The 42km run scares me to no end. I will probably eat my words after June's 70.3, so lets see. 

I would love to do full, bucket list... But I think mentally you have to be ready.

Are we seeing you in the cradle this weekend? Will probably not do the club ride but will ride straight from there. Still deciding...

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to do full, bucket list... But I think mentally you have to be ready.

Are we seeing you in the cradle this weekend? Will probably not do the club ride but will ride straight from there. Still deciding...

Sadly, no... Hahaha. Long story. Lets say I bit off more than I can chew. I am sure your lovely wife will fill you in. Next weekend though. 

Edited by EmJayZA

Sadly, no... Hahaha. Long story. Lets say I bit off more than I can chew. I am sure your lovely wife will fill you in. Next weekend though. 

LoL okey cool, good luck with the troubles!!!

Will see you then soon

Also just finished my last long ride and big week, taper time :)

Edited by shaper

Any Idea when they send out race numbers etc?

Normally it's a month prior. Not sure why numbers not yet allocated but any day now I reckon.

Also just finished my last long ride and big week, taper time :)

Did Sarens 21 today an felt good. Not fast but good. Cycled 70 yesterday. From now 10 kay runs an shortish cycles but would like 1 more 5 hour ride. Maybe on the public holiday.

Anyone have any experience with PE water temps and a wetsuit? More than likely going to rent one, even just for the buoyancy, just would like to know how much of a deep breath I'm going to need when running (walking) into the water!

Anyone have any experience with PE water temps and a wetsuit? More than likely going to rent one, even just for the buoyancy, just would like to know how much of a deep breath I'm going to need when running (walking) into the water!

If you coming from Durban it's cold, if from cape twin it's warm. Last year I think it was 16 degrees or so. It's not bad at all

Did Sarens 21 today an felt good. Not fast but good. Cycled 70 yesterday. From now 10 kay runs an shortish cycles but would like 1 more 5 hour ride. Maybe on the public holiday.

Did my last 5hr ride yesterday, last long run is Om die Dam 21km this weekend, otherwise all short cycles and runs, will keep the swim distances up.