Absa Cape Epic 2017

Acerunner

Sauser is moer fast too, not anything to go by, but check some of segments on strava, Stellenbosch and Table Mountain, note they don't get to ride as often.

well i'm not a betting man, but i stick to my guns

Sauser is an incredible bike handler..

In his year sabbatical he worked very closely with the Spez riders.. and look how much Annika's skills improved last year hey.. she went from top 10ish to World champ and world cup winner in xco..his knowledge is worth gold.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Provisional GC after Prologue and Stage 1

1 Cannondale Factory Racing XC: Manuel Fumic & Henrique Avancini 5:27.27,4
2. Investec-Songo-Specialized: Christoph Sauser & Jaroslav Kulhavy +2.41,7
3. SCOTT-SRAM MTB Racing: Nino Schurter & Matthias Stirnemann +5.24,1
4. Kansai Plascon: Hector Leonardo Paez Leon & Max Knox +7.25,3
5 Centurion Vaude: Jochen Kaess & Markus Kaufmann +7.45,5
6. Centurion Vaude 2: Nicola Rohrbach & Daniel Geismayr +8.24,0
7. Bulls: Karl Platt & Urs Huber +8.57,7

I think you have missed the biggest differentiation between all the top riders, shock orientation. A horizontal shock was on the top step of the podium and second, vertical was third. 

All I see is LEFTY!!!

where do you guys watch the live action when you sit at work?

In the past there used to be a "live text stream" that had updates at say 5 or 10 minute intervals that had times, positions, splits etc.  the new "live tracking" website only has positions without gaps, splits or anything?

Hope they have wifi there and we can get them logins. Imagine what they will do tomorrow with all the knowledge obtained here. 

Let them share their HR and power numbers and we can go over that too. 

Next nutrition, when to eat and what to eat. Make them bonk-proof. Check out banting thread. 

LOL. Where has anyone given the pros tips, despite saying that the spaz okes should be choosing more sturdy tyres?

No money, no partner. :)

I made a feeble attempt to find a last minute ride, but it didn't work out.

the rest of the pitstop teams not doing to bad

LOL. Where has anyone given the pros tips, despite saying that the spaz okes should be choosing more sturdy tyres?

Gosh.. it was me.. I ragged the Spez tyres.

Gosh.. it was me.. I ragged the Spez tyres.

you didn't need to, this happens anyway :oops:

Jokes and banter aside, I think its going to be brutal for the guys at the back. Its going to be a race to make the cut. 

Fumic: 'That was very good, very very good. We had a great run. Our plan was to get to the front and stay there; that worked very well for us today. Nino was pushing, Susi was pushing, but we were able to push harder. We were lucky with Jaro crashing, but that happens.'

The African sun is hot today

And some ice bath recovery 

Cooling the core down as quickly as possible also speeds up recovery

5ec7f9c2-c3d8-48a9-93eb-618b5c699026.jpg

Jokes and banter aside, I think its going to be brutal for the guys at the back. Its going to be a race to make the cut. 

yeah man. Don't know how it is there, but here in CT (century city) there is NO wind. And with no wind, it gets brutally hot out there. 

Just read through a few pages here, and it's amazing how much a few men can teef with this little circle jerk party going on in this thread.

I admire those guys so much.. the pros do this for a living.. the guys at the back have to dig deep every day just to finish in time

where do you guys watch the live action when you sit at work?

In the past there used to be a "live text stream" that had updates at say 5 or 10 minute intervals that had times, positions, splits etc.  the new "live tracking" website only has positions without gaps, splits or anything?

On the cape epic home page, click live stream.

Archived