Absa Cape Epic 2017

Acerunner

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jislaaaik there are many of ...........THAT guy at the braai okes on this thwed !

Oh, the irony...

Lol, didn't Ariane get skills coaching from coach Sven...

Clearly he knows squat... We know Armpies

Both Ariane and Jennie Stenerhag got skills training from Jo Dobinson on the G Spot.

As well as the Dutch women road team, the xco World Champion Langvad and others.

Every second counts.

Stenerhag in best shape of her life, Ariane not.

If my GC people can stay upright till Sunday I could do Epic no 6 next year, this time with my wife :)

Myles, I am sure you just forgot to use the font... or were you seriously giving Christoph Sauser pointers on his tyre selection for the Cape Epic???  :eek:  :w00t: 

A guy who does more mileage on these very trails in a week than you do in a year, at way higher speeds etc. Yes, they got a puncture, but wholly balls pal, he's probably put more thought into tyre selection for this event than most people put into choosing their wife. We did an article on him a few years back, he tested tyres for weeks over various tracks, checking time splits, durability etc - he's not just an animal on the bike, he's an OCD one off it too. He knows exactly what the tyres can handle, what their strengths are, their weaknesses, and he's weighed them all up and made a very informed choice.

We should just look on with respect and enjoy, these guys are not from this planet  :thumbup:

A saddle bag at Epic??? Don't get Ben start talking about bar ends with riser bars....

And if your name is Karl Platt and you have won this comp 5 times before with bar ends?

In completely different news. Sadly (an Egyptian, I think) competitor passed away at the African Track Champs in Durbs today. RIP.

Myles, I am sure you just forgot to use the font... or were you seriously giving Christoph Sauser pointers on his tyre selection for the Cape Epic???  :eek:  :w00t:

A guy who does more mileage on these very trails in a week than you do in a year, at way higher speeds etc. Yes, they got a puncture, but wholly balls pal, he's probably put more thought into tyre selection for this event than most people put into choosing their wife. We did an article on him a few years back, he tested tyres for weeks over various tracks, checking time splits, durability etc - he's not just an animal on the bike, he's an OCD one off it too. He knows exactly what the tyres can handle, what their strengths are, their weaknesses, and he's weighed them all up and made a very informed choice.

We should just look on with respect and enjoy, these guys are not from this planet  :thumbup:

LOL. I believe it was Gen who started it. 

TBH it's more of a rail against the whole lightest is best myth. If I were riding it I'd want to spec a tyre that could handle the abuse. That means a reinforced casing. But yes, you're right about his pedigree and his attention to detail. 

But that does not mean one cannot have an opinion regarding the choices the riders make, or how they prepare... 

Both Ariane and Jennie Stenerhag got skills training from Jo Dobinson on the G Spot.

As well as the Dutch women road team, the xco World Champion Langvad and others.

Every second counts.

Stenerhag in best shape of her life, Ariane not.

If my GC people can stay upright till Sunday I could do Epic no 6 next year, this time with my wife :)

Ok 10 points behind grootlem dreaming of a free epic entry now to focus and get my predictions in order :-)

LOL. I believe it was Gen who started it.

TBH it's more of a rail against the whole lightest is best myth. If I were riding it I'd want to spec a tyre that could handle the abuse. That means a reinforced casing. But yes, you're right about his pedigree and his attention to detail.

But that does not mean one cannot have an opinion regarding the choices the riders make, or how they prepare...

Poor Myles getting stick for my remark.

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sorry Myles.

Archived