Absa Cape Epic 2017

Acerunner

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This the hub, if you have over 1000 posts you are the certified expert of the day every day and can say what you like without having to use any special font.

I can't see your post count but I agree with you

As I mentioned earlier, and it applies to other mtb events in SA as well.... the tv coverage youvget is damn world class, far better than what we get here in Europe or Switzerland where nearly all the epic champs are bred....

I was going to say...but then again, this is the hub and I totally understand how it works. Being here on the ground and doing my part to make the content happen just gives me a slight entitlement to defend the process.

Observing previous years teams finishing Stage 1

2017:578

2016:622

2015:605

2014:608

2013:578

2012:573

2011:582

2010:552

2009:561

2008:571

The field got a bit bigger from 2013ish. 620 teams

In 2012 it was 602.

In 2017 88% of the teams made stage 1

In 2010 92% of the teams survived stage 1. 85% of teams survived stage 2                

In 2013 93% made stage 1. 91% made stage 2

From the above it does seem as if it was one of the toughest stage 1 races so far. If they loose another 3% of the teams, it would be on par with 2010.

Interesting stats.

Shock horror..... it's hot in the western cape, don't need to be an expert to know that.

What's next?

Shock horror..... it's hot in the western cape, don't need to be an expert to know that.

What's next?

They move the Epic to winter  :ph34r:

You have two choices, you either CATCH or Miss, the The Express to Val de Vie

attachicon.gif2017-03-19-12-44-43.jpg

Most don`t have that choice, they just miss the train even though they try their best to catch it. This train is just always too early.

I was going to say...but then again, this is the hub and I totally understand how it works. Being here on the ground and doing my part to make the content happen just gives me a slight entitlement to defend the process.

Have a good rest tonight and bring us more tomorrow.

How cool is it to sit and watch the eyeball/chatting before the sprint, how calm suzy is fixing that wheel yesterday, how the even the pros start to fade/visibly struggle... pretty awesome. Technical glitzes here & there, but awesome to watch.

The content is great. Just wish there was more focus on the other pros in the front of their race. That's all. Other than that. Great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This the hub, if you have over 1000 posts you are the certified expert of the day every day and can say what you like without having to use any special font.

I can't see your post count but I agree with you

As I mentioned earlier, and it applies to other mtb events in SA as well.... the tv coverage youvget is damn world class, far better than what we get here in Europe or Switzerland where nearly all the epic champs are bred....

????

16k posts? Well than it must be correct Sir

The actual visual content is world class. Think Gerald is horrible - but that's personal preference, and a mute or moot point. Only would also like to see more of the back markers - maybe a 2 hour 'Stories of the Epic' for when everything is done?

I was under the impression that there has been a drought for months. What's with high humidity? Over 30%? Strange. Oh well, let's leave it to the experts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived