Absa Cape Epic 2017

Acerunner

can't remember you taking your own advice very well.... ;) just remember you pinning your nuts on the wall....

You know how easy it is to get carried away [emoji23]

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like I'll be doing it on a motorbike again this year. I'll be strapping a 10" dildo to the front of my bike, just shout if you need some motivation to get up the climbs a bit quicker :eek:

Question: Other than Assos at R6K per pants..what would you recommend for 6-8 hour/day Cape Epic? I want to buy good quality pants but seriously believe Assos is "brand priced" and no really that much better than other top quality brands at a much reduced price. 

Question: Other than Assos at R6K per pants..what would you recommend for 6-8 hour/day Cape Epic? I want to buy good quality pants but seriously believe Assos is "brand priced" and no really that much better than other top quality brands at a much reduced price.

If you're in JHB have a look at Bike Basement for Sportful bibs. If you buy 3 it's R1000 a pair. I'll find the link. More important to wear bibs that fit properly rather than a name brand.

That is cheap..wow! And you would recommend them for a week every day on a saddle for at least 6 hours? There is a big difference between a Saturday long ride once a week vs every day for 8 days. 

In my limited experience, having ridden a couple other bibs (Ftech, Sportful, Decca, Cinelli) nothing has come close to Assos when going 3hrs+ - however I would never pay 6k for a bib and don't need top of their range. Have two pairs Tequipe, one was 2700@ Cyclelab sale and other 2k from Wiggle and had a friend courier to me, which wasn't expensive.

Would also like to know what the other options are.

Do not, i repeat, do not make this mistake, and one last thing, they range from 2-6k? Overpriced, maybe... but, the best money can buy...

Do not, i repeat, do not make this mistake, and one last thing, they range from 2-6k? Overpriced, maybe... but, the best money can buy...

Which Assos would you recommend? I simply cannot justify R6K (to myself and especially the wife..)

That is cheap..wow! And you would recommend them for a week every day on a saddle for at least 6 hours? There is a big difference between a Saturday long ride once a week vs every day for 8 days.

I got a pair as part of DC kit, wore it on the day and felt great. Since done Atta & Barberton with same pair. Long days out. Just make sure they fit properly. I've got Assos and can't fault them. What stands out with Assos is that it lasts for years.

I am a Bioracer fan - (Assos too) - they are significantly more comfortable than our previous craft team kit.... significantly.....

Archived