Acerunner

Personally I find sponsored kit the most comfortable [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I find free sponsored kit the most comfortable [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So Assos "Sponsor yourself" is not good enough? :)

I fixed it for you....

So Assos "Sponsor yourself" is not good enough? :)

I fixed it for you....

.....FREE sponsored kit.... [emoji85]

Taper - whats your plan?

I'm not following any specific program, but thinking 2 weeks out I'll drop volume by 50% and keep same or increase intensity. Week of, maybe 3 or 4 one hour spins in Zone 1.

Bush mechanics and on route spares - the guys that have seen this movie a few times, what are the spares one should carry? (Over and above plugs, bombs, valve, tube, tire levers, multi-tool)  

Bush mechanics and on route spares - the guys that have seen this movie a few times, what are the spares one should carry? (Over and above plugs, bombs, valve, tube, tire levers, multi-tool)  

Tire gaitor

dr hanger

brake pads

patches

sunblock

bum cream

zip ties

chain quicklinks (at least 2)

spare brake bolt - the one that goes through the pads - if you drop one you probably wont find it in conditions that cause you to swap pads mid ride - wet and muddy...

Duct tape

Chain breaker if it's not on your multi tool.

Lipice

Valve core + tool to change it out

Tire gaitor

dr hanger

brake pads

patches

sunblock

bum cream

zip ties

spare brake bolt - the one that goes through the pads - if you drop one you probably wont find it in conditions that cause you to swap pads mid ride - wet and muddy...

Duct tape

Chain breaker if it's not on your multi tool.

Lipice

Valve core + tool to change it out

:eek: sho, going to have to drop another kilo or two to equalize 

Thanks

Tire gaitor (split with your partner)

dr hanger

brake pads

patches (split with your partner)

sunblock

bum cream

zip ties

Duct tape (split with your partner)

Chain breaker if it's not on your multi tool (split with your prtner)

Lipice

Valve core + tool to change it out (split with your partner)

:eek: sho, going to have to drop another kilo or two to equalize 

Thanks

One more - doing this from memory...

Spare plugs - thick ones are best - you can force them into a small hole but the small ones get spat out of a bigger hole eventually - happened to me on Saturday...

I think if you add it all up you will be under 50g - stuff is pretty small and you don't need big quantitiies of bum cream for instance -  my partner just uses a tiny ziplock bag, and bites a corner off mid ride to apply if needed - although I have only seen him do it maybe twice in maybe 50 days of racing together - I just buy a small sachet and keep that in my pocket bag - no guarantee these pics have a full epic setup in - just goes in my camelback rather than loose items.

post-29797-0-21346400-1473074110_thumb.jpg

post-29797-0-65792800-1476265820_thumb.jpg

One more - doing this from memory...

Spare plugs - thick ones are best - you can force them into a small hole but the small ones get spat out of a bigger hole eventually - happened to me on Saturday...

I think if you add it all up you will be under 50g - stuff is pretty small and you don't need big quantitiies of bum cream for instance - my partner just uses a tiny ziplock bag, and bites a corner off mid ride to apply if needed - although I have only seen him do it maybe twice in maybe 50 days of racing together - I just buy a small sachet and keep that in my pocket bag - no guarantee these pics have a full epic setup in - just goes in my camelback rather than loose items.

Thanks. Will definitely be putting together an essentials pack for the back sky.

And have learnt the small plug lesson, courtesy of Racing Ralph Evo's. Big plugs the only way to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who still rides with a Camelback...? Have not used one in years and have no intention to get one for the Epic...guess my shirt pockets will look like stuffed balloons!

I'm struggling with the same thing - to use a camelback or not....I think I will finish mid pack...probably closer to last quarter - the 1st few days will be tough, having access to water as opposed to reaching for a bottle might be the better option

I'd feel claustrophobic and get way too hot with a camelback. Those pockets are made to be stuffed to the brim...and my partners for holding on to

Archived