The Munga - The Toughest Race On Earth

nathrix

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But jeez, how many "open" cycling events in the past were won by women? I can't name one?

Amy-Beth won a 24 hour race IIRC in Parys a year or two back beating some serious male competition.

Not according to the elevation graph at the bottom of the screen in the live tracking

You not maybe looking at the blue dots of the race director on that graph?

You not maybe looking at the blue dots of the race director on that graph?

I read Amy's blog by the way. Very cool...

I think they could approach sleep monster time later...ghosts and leopards ;)

The plan for the two leaders is to rest a bit and leave Sutherland and ride down Ouberg pass before sunset.

If I were them (and I will never be), I would ride together from here on in - or is this a very obvious statement?

If I were them (and I will never be), I would ride together from here on in - or is this a very obvious statement?

If they are racing, both would be desperate to break contact to play mind games. But they might have made a pact given that they are racing for different categories.

An example of such a mind game was in the TransAm 2016, when Lael Wilcox passed Stefan, they both stopped at a garage, she hid at the back of the garage while trying to sort out her Di2 battery.  She hid so as not to give Stefan the knowledge that he was in striking range...

If they are racing, both would be desperate to break contact to play mind games. But they might have made a pact given that they are racing for different categories.

But only one of them will get line honours and an entry for next year.  It's still a competition, even if they're in different categories.

Archived