Bike Check: Morewood Zula LT prototype

Nick

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but it's still a more "involving" shock than what is found with most of RS and FOX's offerings.

Let's all wait and see for the launch in 2018.

No its not its less involved then your RS and Fox shocks there is only one external adjustment and that is low speed rebound and it has a lock out lever. Infact it has less adjustability then the Fox DPS shock.

huh? This isn't boost...

I know , I ment in a few years companies are going to try to get everyone o boost and off standard spacing (like 26ers vs. 29ers) 

And that is what is making me a little cautious  

This is super tempting to me , BUT and this is A big BUT 

I feel manufactures are going to fu*k us with boost in a few years trying to force everyone onto it and then what.

Maybe I'm being paranoid , but I don't want to but i bike like this ( I like the simplicity,especially the threaded BB) and then get screwed cause no one makes boost hubs anymore.

Lets assume every major bike manufacturer adopts boost withing the next year. Which won't happen. There's still a plethora of 142 x 12 hubs out there and all the manufacturers aren't going to stop making them anytime soon. 

I dont get the point of Boost in SA to be honest.

Most of the trails are hardpack. Why the hell would you want a fatter tyre on hardpack.

Watch Conner Fearon corner with a standard size tyre ... It's all you need.

This new offering from Morewood is no earth shattering, mike dropping revelation, that's for sure ... But Single Pivot bikes so have a certain unmistakeable Je ne sais quoi 

I miss my Yeti ASR5 .. 

I don't think anyone should be too concerned regarding Boost.

142mm and 100mm will be around for a long time. Just look at how readily available 9-speed drivetrain components are. The only difference is that they are no longer being subjected to R&D. Perhaps in the future there will be a shift in that higher end wheels/hubs will be Boost exclusive.

Time will tell.

but why not make the step now with a boost rear end given that they are doing a new bike, or are they just using old jigs, etc to build up the new bikes rear?

Edited by Hairy

but why not make the step now with a boost rear end given that they are doing a new bike, or are they just using old jigs, etc to build up the new bikes rear?

Perhaps a non-Boost rear end will help them spec cheaper OEM rims.

Funny how no one seems to mind that it is a 1x exclusive frame.

Not even an option of running a FD.

I think it looks cool, they should offer a brushed alloy and then clear lacquered frame. Ithink the angles are good too, more suited to out everyday trails, besides if they did all the tweaks mentioned here all bikes would be mostly the same. Sometimes different is good.

Im curious to see how the brand does now without Mr Morewood himself at the helm.

Are the bikes still manufactured locally or is it like Momsen that is locally designed but manufactured in the East??

if their old range is anything to go by, they still have to fit in the shova, shova LT and Mbuzi before things get all triple clampy...

my guess is that the bike you were all hoping this to be is actually going to be the shova/shova LT, and then the mbuzi will be the one everyone will buy anyway because it'll be the closest to a dh bike.

rims have nothing to do with hubs selection.

cheaper for now and more restrictive in a year our two down the line. ....unless the current design add it stands is a short term design solution?

​"The Zula LT keeps things simple: there is no boost spacing and the bottom bracket is threaded"

:D 

Boost on 650b would be redundant and just serve to add costs.