Bike Check: Morewood Zula LT prototype

Nick

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want to see what and where all of you ride to justify this obsession with slack AF bikes.

68 degrees is plenty slack for South Africa and they want this to be a versatile bike that you can still enjoy Origins of Trails on. All bikes don't HAVE to be mini DH sleds.

Says who?

I really want to see what and where all of you ride to justify this obsession with slack AF bikes.  

68 degrees is plenty slack for South Africa and they want this to be a versatile bike that you can still enjoy Origins of Trails on.  All bikes don't HAVE to be mini DH sleds.

Quite agree

Boost on 650b would be redundant and just serve to add costs.

what costs. ..they are doing a new frame, so in essence a clean slate. redundant on a 650b. ...... why not go for a design that will allow better tyre clearance with the option to run meatier treads?

the other thing, I am sure they will also be targeting the international market, so also have to think along those lines when designing.

Edited by Hairy

what costs. ..they are doing a new frame, so in essence a clean slate. redundant on a 650b. ...... why not go for a design that will allow better tyre clearance with the option to run meatier treads?

the other thing, I am sure they will also be targeting the international market, so also have to think along those lines when designing.

Isn't conventional bike wisdom that the 'international market' still ride 26" bikes with QR and steel spring forks  :whistling:

Isn't conventional bike wisdom that the 'international market' still ride 26" bikes with QR and steel spring forks  :whistling:

Hairy, you have bought all this Boost nonsense. You can get perfectly adequate clearance on a non boost bike my bra. Its a 29er invention, just like carbon rims and wide bars :-) 

68 degrees is plenty slack for South Africa and they want this to be a versatile bike that you can still enjoy Origins of Trails on.  All bikes don't HAVE to be mini DH sleds.

'cos downduro, bruh. You know we only ride park. Duh....

But seriously. More choice. If you want a slightly snappier ride - 68 deg on a 130mm machine is perfect. It won't be a gnar-muncher, but it'll be poppier and snappier than MJ at his peak.  

• 9 months later...

So what has happened to this bike and Morewood?? Nothing new on their site or FB. Eish...

not much it seems. oh well.