taxi hit cyclists - christian de wet road : near my house - aish

mudda

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No BSG, my best friend could of been killed, his wife a widow and his mother and father lost a son. Any day at work is better than that. 

Completely wrongly taken up, what I meant was, if we say something regarding the taxi's way of driving we might be called racists or anti taxi or something like that. We are living in a country where lawlessness rules and whatever or however way we try to make things right always gets thrown into a racist debate. Sorry if it was misunderstood, didn't mean that the cyclist were wrong here!

A bad day cycling is better than a good day working.

FYI this is underneath all his posts. Go back and read a bit.

No BSG, my best friend could of been killed, his wife a widow and his mother and father lost a son. Any day at work is better than that.

Ok so this week seems to be thrashing BSG week. My saying " a bad day cycling is better than a good day working " has been as my signature for a few months already because that is the how much I enjoy cycling whenever I get a chance. It has got nothing to do with regards to any cyclists being run over, bike jacked, robbed or any negative or bad experience to cyclists.

FYI this is underneath all his posts. Go back and read a bit.

Thanks Wannabe, wish everyone could read and understand it as you do [emoji34]

Seeing that motor "cycle" rider's comments and seeing his name made me think of his brother Ben....

Ben Dover..... :clap:

Thanks Wannabe, wish everyone could read and understand it as you do [emoji34]

Reading and comprehension skills seems to be sorely lacking around here.  :whistling:  :ph34r:

Reading and comprehension skills seems to be sorely lacking around here. :whistling: :ph34r:

I could and would have expressed my feelings regarding SA motorists in a much more explicit way, but I don't know a very good good lawyer and don't have too much time on hand for lawsuits at the moment.

I could and would have expressed my feelings regarding SA motorists in a much more explicit way, but I don't know a very good good lawyer and don't have too much time on hand for lawsuits at the moment.

I think we all share that sentiment, however, like Chukky said, there may be a "sparrow's fart" when the fine is passed down...

Reading and comprehension skills seems to be sorely lacking around here.  :whistling:  :ph34r:

The statement does seem a bit insensitive in the context of this thread regardless of whether or not its under all his posts.

Phew

So close

Too close

Glad he's okay

Sounds like a segment of road to avoid

It's difficult to avoid that segment... Christan De wet in the main road between Florida Northgate, Fourways and Woodmead. 

if you avoid that segment you might as well avoid the entire road, and then you might as well avoid all roads in JHB. 

The Taxi driver should be jailed/deported and his taxi stripped and sold as spares... more and more i find that people have a blatant disregard for rules in this country.

I ride a motorbike to work, and I see more motorists driving down yellow lines, ignoring turning lanes, ignoring red lights. many people think that the rules don't apply to them. 

South Africa is slipping back into the third world

Ok so this week seems to be thrashing BSG week. My saying " a bad day cycling is better than a good day working " has been as my signature for a few months already because that is the how much I enjoy cycling whenever I get a chance. It has got nothing to do with regards to any cyclists being run over, bike jacked, robbed or any negative or bad experience to cyclists.

BSG the confusion comes that your 'signature' as you refer to it is actually not a signature but just a part of the text of the thread and that is causing confusion (in all posts), take it out (ASAP) and if you want it to be that then put it where you have 'KEEP THE RUBBER ON THE GRAVEL" which is the proper space for a signature.

My 'community service for the day' ;)

post-271-0-46154400-1479389250_thumb.jpg

Not HP, Christiaan De Wet just past the new Virgin Active coming from Clearwater side. Posted a pin on previous page.

Also close to home and a regular ride for me. About 3 weeks ago I was heading up the road further down, the section from Eagle Canyon Cycles, towards Beyers. A taxi pulled in behind me in the yellow lane and followed me past the traffic. He missed the Metro Cop sitting in the right hand lane, I politely gestured to the Fuzz, and he promptly pulled over the taxi.

Also close to home and a regular ride for me. About 3 weeks ago I was heading up the road further down, the section from Eagle Canyon Cycles, towards Beyers. A taxi pulled in behind me in the yellow lane and followed me past the traffic. He missed the Metro Cop sitting in the right hand lane, I politely gestured to the Fuzz, and he promptly pulled over the taxi.

Excellent!

BSG the confusion comes that your 'signature' as you refer to it is actually not a signature but just a part of the text of the thread and that is causing confusion (in all posts), take it out (ASAP) and if you want it to be that then put it where you have 'KEEP THE RUBBER ON THE GRAVEL" which is the proper space for a signature.

My 'community service for the day' ;)

attachicon.gifPost.JPG

You have to type slowly so that I can read slowly, I am blonde [emoji23] [emoji102] [emoji85] Thanks for the advice.

Archived