Easy tips to bed in new Disc Brake pads?

Mohs

Just installed a new set of Saint Disc brakes...rear brake is not nearly close to what I was hoping for. The pads needs to bed in...Any quick, clever easy way to bed them...dont have the time or patience to pedal up and down my street...I only want to bom DH and hopefully use my brakes if a Bobbejaan happens to park itself on the track...

Cheers

Find a hill with a steady slope. Downhill obviously. Accelerate to above 35kph and brake hard but avoid locking up and stopping. When you get to about 7kph accelerate again and repeat about 10 times.

Be careful not to lock up as that will leave pad on the rotor.

It's normally a new rotor that needs bedding in, not pads.

If you are unhappy with the rear it's a fair bet they need to be bled as only air gives an unhappy feeling in new brakes.

Getting on your bike for a few minutes to ride up and down the street would have been quicker and easier than writing these replies on here.

Man up a bit and ride your bike.

Getting on your bike for a few minutes to ride up and down the street would have been quicker and easier than writing these replies on here.

Man up a bit and ride your bike.

True.... do you have a job?....yes when I get home tonight I will give the horse a run up and down the street and piss-off the neighbour's dogs...

True.... do you have a job?....yes when I get home tonight I will give the horse a run up and down the street and piss-off the neighbour's dogs...

Dogs make great motivation for intervals, which is essentially what you'll be doing.

Pour a bit of water on the caliper/brake pads, ride around briefly while dragging the brake, the water helps the pad bed in faster.

edit: yes it will make a bit of noise.

Edited by Peach.

I have heard of guys heating the brake pads up with a blow torch.  Not sure how effective it is though.