L’Étape South Africa

carbon29er

Letape South Africa.. a meeting was held this afternoon at 4pm with Mike Bradley (CSA) and Kelvin du Sart (KZN Road Com) and the Race Organiser's to discuss the above event regarding documentation. The organizers have asked for an indefinite postponement of the event. CSA will issue a statement.

Ja nee..what did I say

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Herewith his Twitter handle, you know what to do.

@DevianMaradona

We going to do this as a tag team?

I'm just thinking out loud here....

Wouldn't this be such an easy scam....?

You convince LeTape Global to let your "promotions" company arrange a new LeTape in Africa.

You then collect entries upfront. You then deliberately derail the events success by not submitting the correct documentation, you don't get CSA approval, you delay the event a few times basically blaming CSA, some people moan and you give them refunds, most don't and you keep theirs?

The trick to stealing and getting away with it, is to steal little amounts from lots of people.

I am not saying this is what they are doing in this case, but what stops event organisers from doing exactly that?

You convince LeTape Global to let your "promotions" company arrange a new LeTape in Africa.

You then collect entries upfront. You then deliberately derail the events success by not submitting the correct documentation, you don't get CSA approval, you delay the event a few times basically blaming CSA, some people moan and you give them refunds, most don't and you keep theirs?

The trick to stealing and getting away with it, is to steal little amounts from lots of people.

I am not saying this is what they are doing in this case, but what stops event organisers from doing exactly that?

Nothing would surprise me hey

They need a bit of this

Edit..Sorry if that was in bad taste.

Edited by Gen

That's my suspicion too... easy money. Probably didn't bank on some of the victims being attorneys though.

That's my suspicion too... easy money. Probably didn't bank on some of the victims being attorneys though.

At current bill out rates vs R990 once off entry, it would take one who wants to prove a moral point, now there's an oxymoron ;)

Yip

We don't get away often so will make full use of the weekend.. but I am a bit gatvol of the road bike..so definitely going to hit the trails[emoji23] [emoji23]

We often take people on Howick trails tours. Blondeonabike is the local trail pr go to person. You in safe hands. Lots of trails to explore.

We often take people on Howick trails tours. Blondeonabike is the local trail pr go to person. You in safe hands. Lots of trails to explore.

Sounds like a plan

If you are being defrauded then it is a criminal charge not a civil one right?

Hence you don't need a lawyer just lay a charge with the police.

Otherwise small claims court.

Edit: Still a lot of effort.

(Note to self, really should proof read

Edited by Tristand

At current bill out rates vs R990 once off entry, it would take one who wants to prove a moral point, now there's an oxymoron ;)

It's the principle. Someone has to stand up against people who exploit others. Stuff like this happens in SA because people let it. I know a few attorneys involved here who think the same.

It's the principle. Someone has to stand up against people who exploit others. Stuff like this happens in SA because people let it. I know a few attorneys involved here who think the same.

I truly hope you are right, will make a cool change.

Watched a movie a long time ago. Was based on a true story. Bunch of clever guys working at a bank stole millions simply by taking the odd cents earned on someone's account each month and transferred it to their own accounts. It was literally a few cents from each person. And how many of us know EXACTLY how much is in our accounts? Was a clever idea, till someone noticed it and queried it with the bank. Busted. It happened in the states, not sure when but I was a lightie when I saw it.

Sent from my LG-H735 using Tapatalk

Done, your turn

Done and retweeting like mal

We need to tag in Dough Ryder too he is also supposed to ride it

Edited by Gen

Done and retweeting like mal

We need to tag in Dough Ryder too he is also supposed to ride it

I tagged in Andy Schleck.... for what it's worth.

The heat is on.