The Classics

'Dale

30 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

The world seems upside down..... Ineos winning in Spring and Quickstep not yet on the board....

Patrick must be wondering if life is worth living!

don't think the rest of us haven't thought that about him too...

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, edgarblount said:

wva1.jpg

well, one thing's for sure, we are all going to learn something. we'll only find out on sunday what that thing is... a proper-proper easter egg hunt... someone will be left with eggie on their faces... i wonder who it's gonna be?

17 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

well, one thing's for sure, we are all going to learn something. we'll only find out on sunday what that thing is... a proper-proper easter egg hunt... someone will be left with eggie on their faces... i wonder who it's gonna be?

Fairly confident in my following predictions:

-Some people will have punctures

-Some people will have falls

-Some people will miss the key moves

-When they reach Roubaix, someone is going to win 

3 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I can't see any of those being at the pointy end of the race!

Agree 99.9%, the young guns seem to be dominating.

BUT, this is sport. Anything can happen (A sneaky Sagan win will go down very nicely)😈

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

The world seems upside down..... Ineos winning in Spring and Quickstep not yet on the board....

Patrick must be wondering if life is worth living!

One way to shut his noise down is when the Wolfpack is not taking scalps 

It's awfully hard to look past a Dutchman riding for a Belgian team (not the opposite) winning this Sunday. Frankly, based on his results so far this season, it'll be the least he deserves.

Wout would have been in with a shout to win by a snout, if not for Coronavirus (gout would have been cool though). At this point, he'll be an unknown quantity. If he's up there, it'll make it interesting. I'm thinking DNF though - a good college try!!

Quickstep...? always favourites, esp Asgreen, but surprisingly ran out of puff in RVV. Same again on Sunday? I can't see any of their other pedaling peeps making a showing other than Stybar, but even that out of desperation more than anything. Not sure if Patrick will see this, but he'll have heard it here first!

Sagan? ya, you know, I suspect the only way we're seeing him win is to watch a highlight reel (sorry 'Dale and Gen)

It's going to be fascinating how many cobbles Ganna tears loose, but I can't understand why Pidcock isn't in the Ineos startlist? I'd have him as a shoo-in, let alone a favourite.

I suspect Jumbo will be the team to watch (easy to do and easy on the eye too), but not for WvA... they look jam-packed with great riders, but sadly not winners this time

So for me, MVDP is the boringly obvious and unimaginative choice here (see above), but browsing the startlist and Lasse Norman Hansen popped out. Sure, Roubaix isn't a track madison, but how lekker would it be for another crossover world champ making a great showing on the road? Eldron would be happier for it for sure, but I suspect Copenhagen won't manage the resulting hangover.

So, I'll be boring, unimaginative and gonna get me some frite and gonna get me some beer and scream at the TV all afternoon. priceless

16 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

I can't see any of those being at the pointy end of the race!

I can confidently agree although to see Gilbert have a last waltz would make me happy and even Sagan.  I don’t like seeing champs struggle especially with injuries or illness 

42 minutes ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

I can confidently agree although to see Gilbert have a last waltz would make me happy and even Sagan.  I don’t like seeing champs struggle especially with injuries or illness 

My initial comment said exactly this... PhilGil to turn back the clocks one more time would be amazing. 

If Sagan is anywhere near the front of the race in the last 100km I will be astounded. Either he has been playing the biggest double bluff or he is so far off the pace it is scary.

Looks like he signed for DiData....... 😶

I want Campanaerts to win. That guy has been in every break of almost every weekend and midweek break this season. He is looking so good, even with his teeny tiny handlebars. 

Added: I'm also throwing Tiesj Benoot into the 'been racing well all spring' category 

Edited by Jewbacca

Finally after two long years we get to enjoy this race in its usual slot.

I hope we have another Mat Hayman year. I have never enjoyed watching a one day race as much as I did that years version. 

19 minutes ago, Knersboy said:

Finally after two long years we get to enjoy this race in its usual slot.

I hope we have another Mat Hayman year. I have never enjoyed watching a one day race as much as I did that years version. 

2019 was the last April event, so it’s 3 very long years.