The Classics

'Dale

31 minutes ago, Frosty said:

No a Classic race, but it was nice to see Egan Bernal back on a podium (Volta Ciclista a Catalunya), even though it was a master class from Pogačar.

He gets better with every outing. 👏🏻

Don't know whether he'll be a serious challenger in the GT's, but good to see him back, improving and seemingly enjoying himself.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

Gent-Wevelgem:

76 kms to go and a tactical masterclass by Lidl-Trek thus far. It’s been a day of echelons with 30 km/h crosswinds on a cool and dry Belgian day.

Beautiful racing.

Not able to watch all of it but just saw them winning.! 👍🏻

20240324_173746.jpg

Edited by Thomo

6 hours ago, Thomo said:

20240324_173746.jpg

Really smaak this guys racing style... Ive become a fan of the Mads Man! 

15 hours ago, Thomo said:

20240324_173746.jpg

Two of my favorite racers in one photo.

If MvdP is going to loose, I do not mind it being to MP. 

Stuyven had an unfortunate technical while being part of the winning break. Man mountain sprinter Jonathan Milan was simply superb as he pressured the rainbow jersey to chase, chase and chase again. Lidl-Trek will draw a lot of confidence and resolve from their team performance. This bodes well for RvV and The Hell of the North.

Another highlight of the weekend was the elegant Egan Bernal on a WT stage race podium. Take a bow, champion.

IMG_6324.jpeg

A reminder to plan your WFH days, with no meetings scheduled for the afternoon, as the Classics season hits its peak:

8 ways to plan your work schedule (and personal life) better

Wed, 27/03 - Dwars door Vlaanderen
Sun, 31/03 - Ronde van Vlaanderen
Wed, 03/04 - Scheldeprijs
Sun, 07/04 - Paris-Roubaix
Wed, 10/04 - De Brabantse Pijl
Sun, 14/04 - Amstel Gold Race
Wed, 17/04 - La Flèche Wallonne
Sun, 21/04 - Liège-Bastogne-Liège

13 hours ago, Frosty said:

A reminder to plan your WFH days, with no meetings scheduled for the afternoon, as the Classics season hits its peak:

8 ways to plan your work schedule (and personal life) better

Wed, 27/03 - Dwars door Vlaanderen
Sun, 31/03 - Ronde van Vlaanderen
Wed, 03/04 - Scheldeprijs
Sun, 07/04 - Paris-Roubaix
Wed, 10/04 - De Brabantse Pijl
Sun, 14/04 - Amstel Gold Race
Wed, 17/04 - La Flèche Wallonne
Sun, 21/04 - Liège-Bastogne-Liège

Literally all I want to see from this Classics season is WvA taking Paris Roubaix... It is time.

MvdP and Pogacar can share the balance of races between them, but let Wout take this one please. It is similar to those years where Sagan in his prime kept missing out, until he properly smashed them. 

32 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Literally all I want to see from this Classics season is WvA taking Paris Roubaix... It is time.

MvdP and Pogacar can share the balance of races between them, but let Wout take this one please. It is similar to those years where Sagan in his prime kept missing out, until he properly smashed them. 

I'm not sure it's a coffee ride hey...

8 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

I'm not sure it's a coffee ride hey...

I wasn't necessarily asking the riders to give it to him, but rather appealing to the forefathers/cycling gods/Murphy that his luck is clean on the day and he doesn't puncture at the worst point like last year...

3 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

I wasn't necessarily asking the riders to give it to him, but rather appealing to the forefathers/cycling gods/Murphy that his luck is clean on the day and he doesn't puncture at the worst point like last year...

or fall off like he did last week (c'mon, we were all thinking that)

On 3/24/2024 at 4:18 PM, Thomo said:

He gets better with every outing. 👏🏻

Don't know whether he'll be a serious challenger in the GT's, but good to see him back, improving and seemingly enjoying himself.

He will win Giro with his fingers up his nose barring illness or injury and be a threat at the Tour. 

47 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

He will win Giro with his fingers up his nose barring illness or injury and be a threat at the Tour. 

Bernal or Pogi?

6 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

Pogi.

Unlikely to get any arguments here. 👍🏻

The comments about looking better but not necessarily being a GT threat were however referring to Bernal. 😊

Hopefully wrong about EB, as the more contenders there are, the better the viewing.!

3 minutes ago, Thomo said:

Unlikely to get any arguments here. 👍🏻

The comments about looking better but not necessarily being a GT threat were however referring to Bernal. 😊

Hopefully wrong about EB, as the more contenders there are, the better the viewing.!

Apologies my age is showing its face here. 

Bernal is the best I have seen him since his crash, I dont think however to win a GT is not an option but a 3-5th looks possible