The Classics

'Dale

I just get this tingling in the stomach that Sagan will take PR this Sunday. He seems to bounce back strongest from a disappointment and redicule.

My optimistic prediction: Sagan to win it by going solo at a medium distance from the end... They won't tow him to the line so he needs to surprise them.

I hoped it could be, but didn't actually believe myself when I posted this. But it was the only way to beat all the challengers with the way they are currently covering his moves.

Can't really understand their thinking for not following his attack, they will be asking themselves the same thing .. 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1981, the last time before today that the rainbow jersey won PR... #Hinault

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was wondering about that

It’s 36 years on

Quite a feat by Sagan and his team

Wout had a tough day

The mech

And one of his teammates had cardiac arrest, Ive heard ????

Edited by 'Dale

Taylor Phinney deserves a special mention too!

Definitely ????

After that life and career threatening crash and a top 10 here

Remarkable

And Sagan tightens his stem with an allen key at 45 kph during the winning move about 30 kms from the finish

Sagan won this race at 54km when he chased down the leaders...end of...classic Sagan tactics1

From Cycling Weekly:

Veranda’s Willems-Crelan rider Michael Goolaerts has been taken to hospital after suffering a cardiac arrest during the 2018 edition of Paris-Roubaix.

Goolaerts crashed on the Briastre cobble sector with just over 150km remaining, with television footage showing that the Belgian had appeared to have crashed alone.

Who was the Movistar rider that had a big off? That looked half comical and half proper ugly!

Who was the Movistar rider that had a big off? That looked half comical and half proper ugly!

Nelson Oliveira, taken to hospital and awaiting results of shoulder X-rays.

.@silvandillier: "Peter is like the angel + the devil in the same person. He’s an angel because he was working with me, he’s the devil because in a man-to-man sprint he’s hard to beat. We worked together, respected each other, did a nice sprint + he was better. Congratulations."

From Tweetiebird ????

Yoh.. guys when i did get reception my phone went crazy..was planning on watching the last 30km at the bar at the venue but then a hockey boy got hurt and I've only now left the hospital..

Yes did record it and will def watch as soon as i get home tomorrow.

8b7ce77440b5bcbc8adc9362741a7217.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edited by Gen

Sagan won this race at 54km when he chased down the leaders...end of...classic Sagan tactics1

I know he still won, but I still think it was way too early to go solo. He did 50+km most of it in the wind. No way he could have banked on dillier doing so many turns in the last 15km. But geez, he is special rider