The Classics

'Dale

Ja nee, gotta feel for JA. I don't think the bike rider is to blame, but jeepers what a turn to the race.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His father won the race in 1986 and 34 years later it is Mathieu's turn. What made the win impressive is relatively weaker team surrounding the Dutch champion and, arguably, Wout's level of racing at WorldTour level places him at an advantage. 

What a rivalry of note between these two superb racers. It is very frosty between these two personalities. Wout had a string of 2nd places in major races. That would be frustrating, to say the least. Regardless, what a season to be proud of.

I cannot recall the rainbow jersey crashing in what is a golden year for the wearer. What a journey for the flamboyant Alaphillippe - relegation, win, eina crash. Eish!

The cheering crowds were missed, hey.

Pic Getty Sport

F6Xrf3xTbgednpVNukKJKT.jpg

Edited by 'Dale

I been watching these two take each other on in veldrennen for years. I have always been in Wout’s camp. Somehow in cycling though I may have favorites but I am not devastated if they lose, especially if it is a good race. Well done to van der Poel, this will make his season.

Pity about Julian, would have been an even better race had he not crashed.

We get to watch these two race each other for another decade, awesome. One of the great cycling rivalries given that they have raced each other since they were teenagers.

Oh and by the way supersport are chops. Trying to watch this streaming is so bloody frustrating. Streaming crashed in the last 250m.

Eina! What a freak crash incident for the rainbow jersey. Hitting a media scooter whilst at the head of the race with Wouter and Mathieu while being on the radio with his team, one handed and distracted. Looks like a fracture; fortunately no concussion.

Elegant-Quickstep (who changed their name for thhe race) will be forced to chase.

C'mon Bettiol / van Marcke / EF!

pic Getty Sport

NJczjx4TxjvzDeSzMp2p7W-970-80.jpg

Terrible, I was so glad to see those 3 out front and it would have been so awesome to see the 3 star f them going at it all the way.

Eina! What a freak crash incident for the rainbow jersey. Hitting a media scooter whilst at the head of the race with Wouter and Mathieu while being on the radio with his team, one handed and distracted. Looks like a fracture; fortunately no concussion.

Elegant-Quickstep (who changed their name for thhe race) will be forced to chase.

C'mon Bettiol / van Marcke / EF!

pic Getty Sport

NJczjx4TxjvzDeSzMp2p7W-970-80.jpg

Looked to be a bit unsighted. Regardless, he needed to have swerved a bit, which I find quite ironic

Looked to be a bit unsighted. Regardless, he needed to have swerved a bit, which I find quite ironic

Yeah at that moment his left hand went to his radio thingy and he looked down...gotta keep your yes on the road.

Yeah at that moment his left hand went to his radio thingy and he looked down...gotta keep your yes on the road.

100%. to finish first, first you have to finish... how on earth did he get so good? i shake my head

I really like Wout.

Nothing against MvdP, very happy for him to win this one.

May we have many more of this in the seasons top come.

Wonder if they will end up buddies like Roger and Rafa towards the end of their careers.