Hubber BDF down on Hendrik Potgieter

Formallyknownas

Just saw a cyclist has lost his/her life on HP. He was hit by a motor vehicle traveling west just before the Agri. By the looks of it, the collision happened in the yellow lane. RIP brother/sister and strongs to the family and friends.

When will it end.

Edited by Formallyknownas

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its brutal. I was supposed to ride this route this morning. But, i Had a bit of a party last night and ended up staying in Northcliff. Very very sad.

Very sad , I rode past it about 2 min after it happened . . Yes it looked like he was hit from behind in the yellow lane . The driver was a young guy who could of been a cyclist himself as he had a bike rack on the car . He must of been hit at some speed and had no chance . Really really sad day , my thought with his family ,

I drove past a scene this morning at 8:20am on Hendrik Potgieter, Krugersdorp between Ruimsig Athletics stadium and Featherbrook. A cyclist had been killed. It looked like the wreck of a mountain bike.

That's why I don't cycle on the roads anymore. I'm actually lucky to be alive myself after being ridden over by a Coke truck three years ago, not long after Burry Stander was killed.

RIP unknown, fallen cyclist

HP is a particularly bad road, with particularly inconsiderate and speedy drivers. I don't even drive my car there, but then I do have a choice in that

Another tragic accident . Be safe & vigilant guys . No one seems to worry about our safety so we must be over cautious. RIP fellow rider,sad for the family left behind,strength to you.

Edited by Jonesy k