Trans Baviaans 2017

NixM

Hi Janneman,

Planning to run a 34 oval - 14 to check point 2, from there we will be on 34 x 18 or 20. At berg plaas back to 34 oval x 16 for the final drag.

Not really a single speed then is it? More like a 3 speed...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our 4 man team is looking to swap from 2nd event (Aug 19th) to 1st event.

Is there another team wanting to swap the other way around ?

This would be entry + accommodation

Edited by splat

I'm struggling with my partners, the one is injured and the other is just lazy to train, I'm fit and good to go so will make a call next week Monday if to sell the entry or invite to random guys to join me who are keen and from the Eastern Cape (PE).

I'm struggling with my partners, the one is injured and the other is just lazy to train, I'm fit and good to go so will make a call next week Monday if to sell the entry or invite to random guys to join me who are keen and from the Eastern Cape (PE).

I've bailed twice due to partners not being fit. Not an easy decision, but not worth the frustration...

I've bailed twice due to partners not being fit. Not an easy decision, but not worth the frustration...

Last time I arrange a team event, solo races from now on.

Last time I arrange a team event, solo races from now on.

I am fortunate enough to have a friend which do the same amount of training as me.

This will be our second one. It seems it is easier to manage 2 man team than 3 or 4.

Edited by GemmerK@t

Accomodation available for 6 people for the second event in Willowmore ( Friday night).

PM me for further details. Thanks

How are the training goiing? How many km,s / hours are you donig a week now?

Never did the race before and would appreciate the help!

How are the training goiing? How many km,s / hours are you donig a week now?

Never did the race before and would appreciate the help!

I was off the bike for a bit, but will start increasing milage to say 8-10hours a week as that is what I have available.

I am fortunate enough to have a friend which do the same amount of training as me.

This will be our second one. It seems it is easier to manage 2 man team than 3 or 4.

Definitely, 2man teams are also easier to ride...less chance of more mechanicals

Sorry for the rant but I need some pearls of wisdom please.

I bought an entry for the Trans Baviaans off someone who can't go anymore. Disclaimer: I'm a roadie, I've done a few double laps at the 94 and a few 160-200 km rides, jock etc. not the fastest but not too bad in my opinion. Started MTB about a year ago. My roadie mates that did the Trans say I should be fine.

My Partner whom I'd really want to ride with, finished the Sani in about 14h30 total but hadn't ridden much since. He has been swimming and running etc. But now he's feeling flat and starting to panic. He's a big buy that is absolutey fearless but struggles on the climbing. Our first ride together he bailed on the 40 at Modder. His head is usually quite strong but he's starting to get scared.

Do you think he'll be able to pull himself around? I'm not (too) worried about time. If it takes 15-18hrs so be it. How hard is this thing really?

Sorry for the rant but I need some pearls of wisdom please.

I bought an entry for the Trans Baviaans off someone who can't go anymore. Disclaimer: I'm a roadie, I've done a few double laps at the 94 and a few 160-200 km rides, jock etc. not the fastest but not too bad in my opinion. Started MTB about a year ago. My roadie mates that did the Trans say I should be fine.

My Partner whom I'd really want to ride with, finished the Sani in about 14h30 total but hadn't ridden much since. He has been swimming and running etc. But now he's feeling flat and starting to panic. He's a big buy that is absolutey fearless but struggles on the climbing. Our first ride together he bailed on the 40 at Modder. His head is usually quite strong but he's starting to get scared.

Do you think he'll be able to pull himself around? I'm not (too) worried about time. If it takes 15-18hrs so be it. How hard is this thing really?

its as hard as you make it for yourself. 

Sure there's some climbing that he will need to overcome, but everything is rideable.

I dont think it's too late to start training. with some running in his legs he should be quite strong.

No need to panic, go and enjoy! It's a great event.

Edited by antonj

its as hard as you make it for yourself. 

Sure there's some climbing that he will need to overcome, but everything is rideable.

I dont think it's too late to start training. with some running in his legs he should be quite strong.

No need to panic, go and enjoy! It's a great event.

Thanks man. I shall pass the message. :thumbup:

I have started looking for new partners today, cannot wait till Monday. Edited by GAP

Guess the Around The Pot 100miler would be a good indication on how the training is going?? It might not be 240km but a fast 100mile can be fun to !!!! The date seems to fit into my training as well.