Trans Baviaans 2017

NixM

It seems that we may be able to swap dates, but now to find accommodation for the first weekend.

Can anyone suggest a place or someone to contact?

Entry and accommodation has been swapped, so we are confirmed for the 1st weekend  :thumbup:

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I might have a 2 team entry available for the 1st weekend with accommodation for 4 in Willowmore for the Friday evening. It includes conservation fees.

I spent some time in the Baviaanskloof last week.

What an awesome place.Never been there before but will def be going back

Unfortunately they do not allow you to ride casually in the reserve without a support vehicle.

A guy I met at the Baviaanskloof Lodge went for a 40km trail run and had to have a support vehicle

Morning,

Trans Baviaans - "The Repeat" team entry (19-20 Aug) available for R2500 (including conservation levy).

For details, email me: brendan.oberholzer@gmail.com; 0649096610

Edited by Brendan Oberholzer

Trans baviaans 2 man team entry for 12th August. R4000 conservation fees included. Please email me for further detail. fterblanchesa@gmail.com

CSA membership needed for this event?

I'm busy with a rider substitution and according to the website I need to provide a CSA membership number in order to do this?  Is it compulsory to be a CSA member to enter the transbaviaans, or can one purchase a day license for the event as one does for all other events?

the website doesn't list a phone number, so thought I can maybe save some correspondence and get the answer here instead.

CSA membership needed for this event?

I'm busy with a rider substitution and according to the website I need to provide a CSA membership number in order to do this?  Is it compulsory to be a CSA member to enter the transbaviaans, or can one purchase a day license for the event as one does for all other events?

the website doesn't list a phone number, so thought I can maybe save some correspondence and get the answer here instead.

Hi Rudi-h CSA membership is a must :cursing:  biggest grudge purchase of the year! Membership fees = R275,00

Edited by Face Plant

silly question:  are we allowed to use a GPS based map of the route on our garmins as the route isn't marked?

Or is that against the rules?

Team entry available... won it but unfortunitly riders can't attend

PM me if interested

Just a heads up .. the entry has been given back to the event from which it was won to pass onto a deserving party. Therefore no longer available for purchase

Hey veterans of TB! Need some advise on tyres....

Are sidewall cuts more prone on the Baviaans than other areas?

I usually ride the tygerberg trails like Hoogekraal and Contermans.

Thinking of changing my Spez Control tyres to the Spez Grid option...worth it or am I being overly cautious?

Thanks... :wacko:

Hey veterans of TB! Need some advise on tyres....

Are sidewall cuts more prone on the Baviaans than other areas?

I usually ride the tygerberg trails like Hoogekraal and Contermans.

Thinking of changing my Spez Control tyres to the Spez Grid option...worth it or am I being overly cautious?

Thanks... :wacko:

One or two of the descents can be quite rough (especially in the dark), so you will be fairly cautious anyway.

The normal Controls should be fine - Well, mine were last year.

I don't think Grids are necessary.

Looking forward to this great event.  Anyone know the general condition of the roads/tracks, and how hectic the river crossings are?  Or will there be any given the drought?