[Event] Ashburton Investments National MTB Series Grabouw

advendurance

Does anybody know if this is still a 2 day stage race or is it now a one day event only? Trying to enter but Saturday is the only option is available.

Edited by Gravitasie

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what irritates me is that you first have to register and what not to get to a point where you can find the entry fee for the / or any other event.

anyone able to give me an idea on the entry fees please?

3 undred and 8 rand and 50 rands

thanks, I just remembered why I do not do races anymore  :ph34r:

These guys are looking like amateurs down here in the Cape.

From route markings that get lost,

I'm going to eat my words here. I did a loop on Oak Valley, and I saw the Advendurance signage for saturday. The signage is done well. There are proper signs everywhere and even some that warn you if you have gone off course. Unless the signs get stolen or molested by cows or something you need to be really special to go off course on the places where I saw it marked. 

This will also be the first race to go through Oak Valleys new Stone and Steel trail. Be careful on the Stone and Steel downhill guys. If some one is going to fall due to overcooking it, this is one of the places where it is likely to happen. 

The race was really super cool - lots of different terrain and tough climbs - well organised

I really enjoyed this race - glad it was a bit cooler

Had to go to twitter to find the results..

Top 5 Elite women:

1.@AnnikaLangvad

2.@robyndegroot

3.@bikesthi

4.@Candice_MTB

5.Alessandra Keller

Top 10 Elite men:

1.@sauserwind 
2.@MaxKnoxcycling 
3.@alanhatherly 
4.@GertHeyns 
5.@Gawiecombrinck 
6.@nicobellsracing 
7.@lourensluus 
8.@KonnyLooser 
9.@JeremiahBishop 
10.@MatthysBeukes 

jip, and there was some people wondering why they report the top 10 for men but only top 5 for the women

Ariane Luthi (I agree with her 100%)

Was it the right decision not to race yesterday? I believe, it was.

I didn't race the Ashburton National Marathon in Grabouw, because the prize money for the top women wasn't equal to the men's.

I engaged with organisers openly and at length offering many compromises. In the end I have to follow my heart. .

Ariane Luthi (I agree with her 100%)

Was it the right decision not to race yesterday? I believe, it was.

I didn't race the Ashburton National Marathon in Grabouw, because the prize money for the top women wasn't equal to the men's.

I engaged with organisers openly and at length offering many compromises. In the end I have to follow my heart. .

FFS! I agree with her but lets be honest, with her results lately she would have been handed her ass on a platter anyway. Pity it has come to playing the gender equality card to avoid disappointing results....

Edited by Jaco-fiets

FFS! I agree with her but lets be honest, with her results lately she would have been handed her ass on a platter anyway. Pity it has come to playing the gender equality card to avoid disappointing results....

Never stopped her before...

But she accepted the Epic equal prize money when the ladies racing wasn't done farely, should she not have started her equality campaign back then? It took Gunn-Rita one blog entry to get the Epic to rethink the ladies race..Arianne has been riding the ladies race how long now?

If you want to fight a cause at least be consistent and not selective.

Edited by Gen

But there would also a view to be made that people can change their opinions and what is important for them and what they will stand up for. I am not refering to her decision just in general that just because someone did not make a stand before they not allowed to take a stand now.

what would be more important on how they act from the point when they decided to take the stand.

But there would also a view to be made that people can change their opinions and what is important for them and what they will stand up for. I am not refering to her decision just in general that just because someone did not make a stand before they not allowed to take a stand now.

what would be more important on how they act from the point when they decided to take the stand.

yes at any point someone can decide to make a stand, is she going to boycott all events from now on..time will tell.. Maybe she becomes the unofficial spokesperson and brings change.

This has been a fight female cyclist have been fighting for so long.. not just locally but world wide..and not just mtb but road.

Edited by Gen

Maybe I am a bit dof but if only 25% of entrants are female, is there not a case to be made that there is still a huge amount of untapped market out there?

Do you care if the entry fee is paid by a man or a woman?

Does a race cater differently for men and woman? (The porta loo's are the same...)

Should mtb not be doing more to promote the sport amongst female riders to tap further into the market?

Fritz himself admitted there are not enough woman in the pro peloton. I think this can change. Start with a good incentive: money.