Garmin Edge 820 or 520?

CASSIE1975

820 has the ability to take a memory card and you can load A LOT more maps.  Bigger screen as well which if you navigating would come in handy I guess. I have never used the 820 so can't comment too much. It was out of my price range when I got the 520 anyway so these features are just what I picked up on after getting my 520.

Also the one thing about the 820, if you go off course, it will reroute you back to where you were going, where the 520 will just indicate you have gone off course and the general direction you need to go to get back

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And replace it with their own inaccurate altitude calculations  ^_^

Have you picked up big differences?

I just checked a couple of rides and there is no more than 10 - 15 m difference in elevation between what's on Garmin Connect and Strava. On a total of 1200 - 1700 that seems a very acceptable margin of error?

Have you picked up big differences?

I just checked a couple of rides and there is no more than 10 - 15 m difference in elevation between what's on Garmin Connect and Strava. On a total of 1200 - 1700 that seems a very acceptable margin of error?

I use the Iphone to record my Strava activities.  Depending on the route I get huge differences.  From what I understand is that Strava does not take into account that road surfaces might be on different levels than the ground service.  So riding over a bridge will be recorded as riding down a valley und up the otherside.

I use the Iphone to record my Strava activities.  Depending on the route I get huge differences.  From what I understand is that Strava does not take into account that road surfaces might be on different levels than the ground service.  So riding over a bridge will be recorded as riding down a valley und up the otherside.

Also for me it would make sense that on MTB routes the difference might be more pronounce, if you think that it only has an accuracy of 5-10 meters, and where 5m to the left or right could be quiet a few in elevation.

820 users....can anyone confirm if the lag on the touch screen have been sorted?

Not sure what you mean by lag. I'm using the 820 for the past 7 months and has never experienced any lag.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

820 users....can anyone confirm if the lag on the touch screen have been sorted?

I would also like to know since i will be in the market soon...

I had one a few months ago and every time I swipe through data fields there was a lag.

Definately not a problem on mine. The response on touching the screen or flipping through screens is immidiate

I would also like to know since i will be in the market soon...

Had mine a few weeks now and I can't say I notice any major lag. It might be a fraction slower than my old 810 but nothing more than a split second once your finger has left the screen.

The screen is different to previous units as it seems to be less sensitive but Garmin are addressing this issue and there is not a setting to adjust the sensitivity.

I am very impressed with the number and frequency of updates, as I must have received about 6 in 4 weeks.

Edit: The touch screen seems to react to the pressure of your finger on the screen more than anything else.

"there is not a setting to adjust the sensitivity."

Under the settings/display menu is setting for touch screen sensitivity and it can be selected between low/medium and high

The funny thing is Whatsapp notifications works 100% with all the forerunner watches as well as the Fenix. For some reason they have not rolled it out to the Edge...

It's on the 820

Hopefully coming to the 520 soon as well

That messages feature drives me nuts. Work messages popping up that make me stop to deal with them. Need to switch that feature off

Archived