365 for 365

Question: does a gym strength session / treadmill (with HR) count or must it be an activity with GPS, i.e. outside?

I believe this is all that is stated on the Strava group's page:

[cut]... at least 20mins of exercise every single day this year. It must be recorded with an actual device. Manual entries don't count

It won't always be easy, especially if you're sick, but 20mins should be doable.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like that you in this weeks leaders jersey

FYI, as far as I understand the leaderboard stats reflect only the 3 activities: cycling, running and swimming. So if you exercise doing other activities it does not add these times or km’s to the total. For example today I walked 11 km playing golf..... but my total for the week only reflects 10 km of running.

Other exercises (other than running, cycling or swimming) are still recorded as an activity ( XT on the training Calendar, but not included in the totals).

Is this a "something every day" challenge, or a most activities / distance challenge?

Something every day. But it can really be whatever you want.

Is this a "something every day" challenge, or a most activities / distance challenge?

The Strava “club” is setup to display “Duration per week”, rather than distance covered as the primary measurement.

Seems cycling groups will have distance/elevation as the measurement, while running is time/number of activities as the measurement.

As far as I understand it, something every day. So ideally the leaderboard should show number of active days in the year. Do you know if it's possible to set up a challenge like that on Strava? 

Yes, I BELIEVE [hope] it does, as long as it has HR

My blueteeth HR belt dropped me twice already wen connecting to my fone. The ride and hike was atleast recorded on Strava.

Note to self: Plz check that wife does not press any buttons on Garmin when she puts it away. Plz don't let Garmin lie around and wife reminds you to put it away.

Edited by Cippo

As far as I understand it, something every day. So ideally the leaderboard should show number of active days in the year. Do you know if it's possible to set up a challenge like that on Strava? 

Not aware of anything in Strava.

Browser plugins only count activities for active user.

veloviewer counts active days for the subscribed user.

Edited by 'Kaze Pete

I’m out, finally succumbed to that “Friday evening just going to chill on the couch” urge.

375 and then caught by Friday in the slips after a wicked bouncer ????

I’m out, finally succumbed to that “Friday evening just going to chill on the couch” urge.

375 and then caught by Friday in the slips after a wicked bouncer [emoji16]

I had to really battle with myself yesterday as well. Terrible week behind me and all I wanted to do was chill and watch the cricket. With the wind howling outside there was no way I was going to get on the bike and I am not far enough with my rehab program to run on consecutive days. Eventually dragged myself out of bed and persuaded the wife to go for a walk with me. Think the shame of dropping out after only 10 days is what eventually persuaded me.

I had to really battle with myself yesterday as well. Terrible week behind me and all I wanted to do was chill and watch the cricket. With the wind howling outside there was no way I was going to get on the bike and I am not far enough with my rehab program to run on consecutive days. Eventually dragged myself out of bed and persuaded the wife to go for a walk with me. Think the shame of dropping out after only 10 days is what eventually persuaded me.

Well done for getting something done

Soon it will become normal, and the walk option is quite an easy way to log a result, plus you got the wiff to also do something.

I was feeling terribly guilty last night once I decided that’s it.... very nearly got into my Idt, but after completing the 2018 challenge I realise that eventually one can stop

In hindsight I blame the weather....

If it was not snowing yesterday with ankle deep snow and slush on most walking paths I would have gone for a nice walk.... ????