Best bike fit in Pta Jhb region

Knersboy

Hi Hubbers

I have an issue with nerves gettin squashed in my neck vertebrae, this affects my left arm quite badly. It is something that definitely gets aggravated by riding my mtb. I am getting medical treatment but I want to avoid surgery and I think if I get a proper bike fit it may help me do that.

Where can I get the best fit service around Gauteng?

Thanks and a happy new years to all.

I second marcel. I was referred to him bt a client. While still looking for a bike. He was very helpful and stil is. Even answers my stupid questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richard Baxter...formerly Cyclefit.

I agree! 

Had a Body Geometry Fit with him at Dunkeld Cycles at the end of Dec- he's beyond thorough and made a huge difference to my ride.

I second marcel. I was referred to him bt a client. While still looking for a bike. He was very helpful and stil is. Even answers my stupid questions.

I had a serious back pain and a numb thumb when I was riding my mountain bike, I even thought of selling the bike. After consulting Marcel, I did a 200km ride with no pain or numbness at all.

• 1 year later...

I agree!

Had a Body Geometry Fit with him at Dunkeld Cycles at the end of Dec- he's beyond thorough and made a huge difference to my ride.

Richard did my first bike fit for me. Sorted out some knee issues and felt a lot more comfortable on the bike.

Haven't been to him since he moved from Cyclefit, but I'm seeing him on Wednesday for a fit of my mtb, so we'll see how it goes.

I had a serious back pain and a numb thumb when I was riding my mountain bike, I even thought of selling the bike. After consulting Marcel, I did a 200km ride with no pain or numbness at all.

Another vote for Marcel.

I had a bad experience with him.  And he is a friend. 

Second bad experience in my circle of friends.

So no.  I won't go there. 

I think there are more detailed setups for the same price that will have a better professional feedback.

I still don't know if my setup is correct or not.  I have all my measurements (Being OCD, I already had it before I went) but I don't know what to do with them.  Move forward or more back? 

Up or down?  Longer or shorter stem?  Nothing.

I diligently use a torque wrench on my equipment.

He doesn't bother. 

I had to fork out R890 for a new seatpost clamp 3 weeks later.

His mistake?  I will never know.  Doesn't matter

Edited by Spinnekop

Cyclelab in Fourways have a very professional setup.

They use laser measuring equipment, and very thorough during the analysis.

Paul Cordes (Epic Sports) is pretty good in Pta.

Also had a bad experience at Lynnwood Cyclery.

Renay Grousta (Cape Town) was still the best fit I've ever done.