Karoo to Coast 2017

LeoKnight

From Zandile.

Thanks for the mail

Transponders go on your ankle and are Racetec transponders.

The number boards are Karoo to Coast boards and to on the handle bars. They do not have a timing chip in them.

Emma - keeping you posted on queries.

Thanks,

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the latest weather forecast for the weekend?

1st K2C, aiming for a Sub 4!

It's always cold at the start and beginning of the ride but it warms up. Here is the closest I can find to Uniondale with detailed weather.

Otherwise, this site shows Uniondales weather with less detail. From Friday you should be able to get more accurate detailed weather for Sunday.

Essentially it'll be cold at the start, warm up later and be overcast most of the day. Knysna will be overcast but warm.

Saturday is going to be good weather!

Might be chilly early morning but by the time you have done a little warm up ride and enter your start gr I don't think you will need more than just a vest and top.By the time you get to the wapad you will be sweating from walking or riding if you are lucky enough to be in an early gr.

About to leave

Safe travels and LEKKERRRRRRRR Riding

In August there were some Stop Ry/Go sections due to roadworks between Herold and Uniondale on the R26.

Are they still there, that will add some 20 min to the travelling time?

I'm very excited, and super chilled. I love this ride. Three weeks ago I was chilled but a little nervous, despite it being my 6th one and a down ride I can never completely chill out before TransKaroo.

But Karoo2coast - that is something else - I love it because it happens so fast and it is so magical. It's not hard but still enough of a challenge. 

These days we take this even on easy mode. Ride up to Calitzdorp tomorrow and drink and braai. Saturday wake up late and cruise to Willowmore. A fine weekend lies ahead. 

I'm very excited, and super chilled. I love this ride. Three weeks ago I was chilled but a little nervous, despite it being my 6th one and a down ride I can never completely chill out before TransKaroo.

But Karoo2coast - that is something else - I love it because it happens so fast and it is so magical. It's not hard but still enough of a challenge.

These days we take this even on easy mode. Ride up to Calitzdorp tomorrow and drink and braai. Saturday wake up late and cruise to Willowmore. A fine weekend lies ahead.

I bit off the point here... but what type of pressures do you run on k2c roads...

Good luck to all those riding.

Sadly, after having entered, had to substitute my entry due to conflicting commitments.

Hope to be on the start line again next year.

I bit off the point here... but what type of pressures do you run on k2c roads...

The same pressure you used whilst preparing for the K2C.

1.4bar @ 95 kg

This year I was trying to be clever at the Attakwas. Did the first half on the normal 1.4bar. Brain-fart and old school thinking coerced me into inflating the tyres to 2.1bar at Bonniedale. Just  to tackle the predominantly district roads of the second half. Big mistake, all the small bump absorption was gone, shaking like Mexico, skidding around corners.....

120mm of travel is not your best friend on district roads. It's in the tyres, flattish ones that is!

Archived