Karoo to Coast 2017

LeoKnight

Last night, I did a near vomit inducing spin session lasting 1h45m, spending almost 12 minutes overall in the V02 zone. The second time ever that I cramped after a ride, albeit a spin bike, and the first time I understood what people refer to when they say that they were "bleeding from the eyeballs". The session included some high cadence out of saddle sessions lasting around 5 minutes a pop, and also a bit of virtual TT sessions of around 3 x 3 minutes at 100 rpm cadence.  :o

Tomorrow I will do a last long session of around 5 hours tits, before calling it quits for the K2C training. This will cap of a training block which began way back in June.

According to Today's Plan, I doubled my score from when I started, and will be hovering around the Chronic Training Load score of about 50-52-ish come race day.

Now you really making me feel like I am a bit under cooked for the race. 

Edit: second question was already answered

Edited by LeoKnight

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, can't help as we only just managed to organise this through a mates family from George. I can't understand why a driver only service to get your car from Uniondale to Knysna does not get offered by K2C. It is a service i would gladly pay for and i'm sure there are many others who would too. It could raise much more funding for the charity.

In the western cape they have the rotary guys that perform that function at races like the w2w and houwhoek mtb 

In the western cape they have the rotary guys that perform that function at races like the w2w and houwhoek mtb 

Yes, i found the service worked well. The response from Zandile on my query was that they (K2C) have in fact "offered this to Rotary and many other charities but the size and logistics of the event have not got them any takers". In my unqualified opinion surely there is sufficient upside for this to be worth it to some charity.

Current (provisional) forecast is for some rain. Not complaining at all.

WSW wind at +- 28km/h. Chilly temps.

Realistic update to follow by Wednesday....

Current (provisional) forecast is for some rain. Not complaining at all.

WSW wind at +- 28km/h. Chilly temps.

Realistic update to follow by Wednesday....

They need the rain, so it can come pi$$ing down for all I care...

Yes, i found the service worked well. The response from Zandile on my query was that they (K2C) have in fact "offered this to Rotary and many other charities but the size and logistics of the event have not got them any takers". In my unqualified opinion surely there is sufficient upside for this to be worth it to some charity.

I am going to start my "own charity" and offer to host the travel next year... :whistling:

Lekker man, lekkerrr.

Ek hoop jy is reg vir die meeste klim werk wat jy ooit sal doen op 'n afdraende wedren.

Was laas jaar daar.. sy het my pak gegee.. gelukkig is my oefening op track want is reeds ingeskryf vir die 7 weeks die naweek daarna...

Was laas jaar daar.. sy het my pak gegee.. gelukkig is my oefening op track want is reeds ingeskryf vir die 7 weeks die naweek daarna...

Jy beter vir my wag of jy sit op die hond se plek terug huis toe

Hi,

After doing 60km at SuikerBosRand yesterday, I decided to pull out of Karoo2Coast...

So, I might be able to assist someone with driving a car from Uniondale to Knysna...

I have valid drivers licence and was support driver last year.

Hi,

After doing 60km at SuikerBosRand yesterday, I decided to pull out of Karoo2Coast...

So, I might be able to assist someone with driving a car from Uniondale to Knysna...

I don't want to second guess you, but in my experience, 60 km in the Suikerbosrand is a lot harder that K2C.

There is nothing as steep as the two long climbs in SBR and the last 40km of K2C offers some respite, something SBR does not do. 

I don't want to second guess you, but in my experience, 60 km in the Suikerbosrand is a lot harder that K2C.

There is nothing as steep as the two long climbs in SBR and the last 40km of K2C offers some respite, something SBR does not do.

If you dont over do it in the first 60km you will be gold for the last 30 odd km

Hi,

Do not sell yourself short. There are 4200 people each with their own agenda and ability. The great majority are in it for the experience. You will be blown away by the camaraderie and support from everyone around you. Chances are you will end up being the inspiration for others around you. Doing 60km at SBR???..I know of guys who sucked and vomited long before 60km at SBR and still completed K2C . You will smoke K2C with a breeze. Take it easy over the first half and you are home free.