2017 gut and distance

Year 1...focus on loosing weight and just riding the mtb...having fun with the mates and a 40 km race per month.

year 2...focus on loosing weight and started on the road bike...with a few goals...smashed it then got fat again :(

year 3...time to hammer it properly...legs are starting to take shape...cant say the same for the gut :(

gut must go...not too concerned about how much...just get rid of what is left of the fat gut...legs are hitting the gut even when sitting up...that is a bad sign.

the focus will be more on riding longer distances and hill climbing (walk less up the hills) not so much the speed this year...gona try add a lot more stretching into the training and leg strengthening.

eating lots of bread at the moment to see if i gain or loose weight...so far dropped from 106.7 kg to 105.2 kg but i havent been riding much...so we will see what happens when i start clocking up the mileage.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm confused...you say eating lots of bread? But you want to lose weight?

Surely you mean eating lots of healthy carbs?

Ya agree with all comments, ditch the bread... worse thing you can be eating if you want to loose weight

Do you do any gut specific exercises...to speed up getting rid of the gut?

You can't target fat burning by meqns of targeting exercises. With men, the stomach fat is usually the last to go. 

The solution: input vs output. Check your diet. Teack your calories, as well as your timing: e.g. What you eat before and/or after exercise. 

I'm far from a dietitian, so I'll just say: Google it - there are tonnes of useful info on the interwebs.

Losing weight begins in the kitchen... unfortunately...

Not everyone here agrees with that .... Some say if you ride/exercise enough you can eat what you want. Doesn't work for me though and I spend a fair amount of time on a bike per week.

You can't target fat burning by meqns of targeting exercises. With men, the stomach fat is usually the last to go.

The solution: input vs output. Check your diet. Teack your calories, as well as your timing: e.g. What you eat before and/or after exercise.

I'm far from a dietitian, so I'll just say: Google it - there are tonnes of useful info on the interwebs.

Yeah, I agree and that's what I currently do. Was asking the OP if he himself does any gut specific exercises...

Losing weight begins in the kitchen... unfortunately...fortunately

slight changes in eating habits can have great rewards

Do you do any gut specific exercises...to speed up getting rid of the gut?

No gut...back or arm exercises at all...only legs...and they (legs)are starting to take shape nicely.

Going to put more effort into stretching and upper body this year.

Not everyone here agrees with that .... Some say if you ride/exercise enough you can eat what you want. Doesn't work for me though and I spend a fair amount of time on a bike per week.

I have found that to be true, once you are at your goal weight. I can eat wjat I want and maintain my weight, but to lose weight I have to eat well and exercise...

Ya agree with all comments, ditch the bread... worse thing you can be eating if you want to loose weight

This is why I am doing it...because everyone says I am gona put on weight...lets see what happens...I lost over 4 kg just before the Amashova...yip eating bread...weightless which includes bread.

Today...4 slices of bread for breakfast...and 3 bread rolls for lunch and a half loaf bunny chow for dinner.

Will carry on doing it until the next weigh in...then I go back onto weightless eating plan 100 %

I have found that to be true, once you are at your goal weight. I can eat wjat I want and maintain my weight, but to lose weight I have to eat well and exercise...

I believe age has a lot to do with it...my son eats all the time... mostly junk and never puts on weight...I believe the older you get the harder it is to keep it off.

500km in 1 week while eating junk and I gained weight. Went back to clean eating after that and weight came down again, with much less time on the bike.

Eat clean and cut out the junk carbs and you will loose weight and maintain it.

This is why I am doing it...because everyone says I am gona put on weight...lets see what happens...I lost over 4 kg just before the Amashova...yip eating bread...weightless which includes bread.

Today...4 slices of bread for breakfast...and 3 bread rolls for lunch and a half loaf bunny chow for dinner.

Will carry on doing it until the next weigh in...then I go back onto weightless eating plan 100 %

Everyone says you are going to put on weight because that is exactly what will happen. I'm not saying don't eat at bread at all, but eating what you described is a recipe for disaster if you want to lose weight.

Take it from someone who went from 82kg up to 106 in 2 years coz of eating the diet you are describing. Losing it again was hard (down to 90kg now), but it didn't happen eating bread!

Archived