Dis-Chem Ride For Sight 2017

GaryvdM

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute mayhem in AL with the short course riders, police woman in middle of the road, and then the tannie who had saucer plate eyes at the turn down hill towards stadium.

In future the short course groups should start later to allow the racing bunches to be ahead of them where we merge.

Involved in the crash at 111km, luckily never went down but had to dismount, and then chase the group down.

Chip lost in the process.

Absolute mayhem in AL with the short course riders, police woman in middle of the road, and then the tannie who had saucer plate eyes at the turn down hill towards stadium.

In future the short course groups should start later to allow the racing bunches to be ahead of them where we merge.

Involved in the crash at 111km, luckily never went down but had to dismount, and then chase the group down.

Chip lost in the process.

They started around 8, how late do you expect them to start so that they completely miss all the long distance riders. 

Sorry BMonster and the others I took out at 111km. Lapse of concentration and just too much mess all around and I think and clipped the wheel in front.

Out of interested was that the front group of A or was there another break?

If thats the accident I am thinking of it was the front group. Did your kit have alot of red in?

Sorry BMonster and the others I took out at 111km. Lapse of concentration and just too much mess all around and I think and clipped the wheel in front.

Out of interested was that the front group of A or was there another break?

Accidents happen????

I think it was the front of AL

There was a break about midway through, but not sure if we caught them.or not.

They started around 8, how late do you expect them to start so that they completely miss all the long distance riders.

I just found the group got very jittery weaving between the short distance riders.

If I am not mistaken the Carnival City race delayed the short course riders for this very reason, and it worked.

By the time we caught them we were a mix of VA, VB, VC riders, and less wind than normal made the speeds very high.

The section going past Carnival city was incredibly dangerous. On the one side you have the cones and then, while moving as hectic pace, you suddenly have a short distance rider in the middle of the lane you are all supposed to be riding in. Pretty sure I heard someone hit a cone and go down behind me at that spot in BL.

Three crashes in AL, one looked bad.

I don't know what went wrong everyone rode like a tool. Time was ok but like stated above it was chaos on the road.

I didn't enjoy the race to be honest. (Macsteel and Emperors are the ones I'll do from now on)

Edited by Cav'

I just found the group got very jittery weaving between the short distance riders.

If I am not mistaken the Carnival City race delayed the short course riders for this very reason, and it worked.

By the time we caught them we were a mix of VA, VB, VC riders, and less wind than normal made the speeds very high.

I see it in almost any race. why are they riding lic group when they struggle to keep up with their peers. If you cant cut it in lic group rather ride open seeded according to your ability. 

Saw no crashes but plenty of flats. Except  for one large unmarked pothole on the R23  and the dozing metro officials outside the Carnival who allowed a car to turn across riders nearly causing a rider just ahead of me to T bone the car I found the marshaling and route good. Big up to the bike marshal on the R23 who rode next to our group ensuring we kept far left and orderly. 

I see it in almost any race. why are they riding lic group when they struggle to keep up with their peers. If you cant cut it in lic group rather ride open seeded according to your ability.

Some of us gets puntures as well and if you lose your group we are not allowed to join other lic groups.