Dis-Chem Ride For Sight 2017

GaryvdM

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Started in HL group. .......................... Another rider in the group had to show off his downhill skills. Every now and then he got into this aerodynamic position with his bum in the air. We were not even going downhill.Was quite funny but I suppose one can expect it in our lower groups. 

My all-time favourite was a couple of years back, seeing a guy take out his water bottles and chuck them aside for the sprint for 74th place in G-bunch.  You got to admire how 'caught up in the moment' we get.

Rode off from the CL bunch.

As Geomark stated earlier a lot of surges and then bringing every one back,

but the group rode well. Tempo was kept high and the group eventually spat me out as we

crossed over the highway. All my matches were used up :(....

It was a hard lonely ride back to the finish.

All in all,  my best R4S so far ,until next year. 

Started in HL group. Going up the first incline out of the stadium, I got the feeling it was going to be a long day in the saddle. The body just did not want to respond.  I managed to stay with a bunch up to the left turn towards Suikerbos. Everybody at the front indicated that we were about to turn left.  As we started turning an  asshole came speeding past my left. He realized he was to quick to turn and grab his brakes. His back wheel locked up and swayed and down he went. His forward momentum fortunately took him past me and I managed to avoid him by millimeters. Bloody tjop got a mouth full from the rest of the group. Dont know if he took down other riders with him as did not look back as I was in shock. Another rider in the group had to show off his downhill skills. Every now and then he got into this aerodynamic position with his bum in the air. We were not even going downhill.Was quite funny but I suppose one can expect it in our lower groups.

:lol:  well I guess you'll do anything to hang on or spend as little matches as possible. Think I went into a similar tuck when I was on my own in the crosswinds at the back. :lol:

Enjoyed the ride even though i took major strain over the last 30km. Stayed in the front 10 or so riders of the DL bunch until the halfway mark (ave speed to this point 40.8 km/h) and then I blew a gasket and more-or-less limped from group to group until the finish. Came in at 3:30. 

With the strong crosswind on the one section there was always the temptation to shelter to the right of the rider in front and it was only a matter of time before riders started to drift over the white line. But this became ridiculous when I saw riders taking on trucks in the oncoming lane. Pure madness! 

Tough in VA, well the little I lasted.. it was full gas from the start.

Thanks to the small group of 6 or so that chased hard, don't recall any numbers, it's hard to see when you bleeding from the eyeballs ;) I remember to Energade kits with one chap being super strong on the ups.

Last few Kms were made difficult by the previously mentioned shorter riders.

Anyone part of that chase group?

I was in the AS for the short 1 I enjoyed the pace in a break away, I'll be back next year

I was in the AS break as well, kakked off a bit but really enjoyed it

My all-time favourite was a couple of years back, seeing a guy take out his water bottles and chuck them aside for the sprint for 74th place in G-bunch.  You got to admire how 'caught up in the moment' we get.

Small victories - LoL

Thanks to the small group of 6 or so that chased hard, don't recall any numbers, it's hard to see when you bleeding from the eyeballs ;) I remember to Energade kits with one chap being super strong on the ups.

I was one of the elite group juniors who missed my time and started with VA. Riding for Olgars Auto , Black Kit . That Energade guy put in some massive efforts 

I was one of the elite group juniors who missed my time and started with VA. Riding for Olgars Auto , Black Kit . That Energade guy put in some massive efforts 

What was the finishing time of this group? The VA group I was in had around 8 guys with most working, and we came in at 3:01. Had 2 guys from Team Genasys.

You rode well bud....

I was the one you told to control my breathing ha ha

Energade or Energas? (mainly blue and green kit)

If it's Energas I think your thinking about Reinard. We were 3 originally in that chasing bunch. Ari punctured just before the 50km mark and I dropped the wheel just after the 50km mark and just could not close the gap in the wind.