Dis-Chem Ride For Sight 2017

GaryvdM

Told you.....

Yip

That's why there's marshalls and officials with flags and whistles in the WorldTour

It's like placing stray dogs ???? on the course ????

Edited by 'Dale

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For sure... as long as there was a break-away?

No breakaway, it was a gutter from the left turn before the reserve until just after the reserve. In fact another gutter after the left turn after Klipriver.

Absolute mayhem in AL with the short course riders, police woman in middle of the road, and then the tannie who had saucer plate eyes at the turn down hill towards stadium.

In future the short course groups should start later to allow the racing bunches to be ahead of them where we merge.

Involved in the crash at 111km, luckily never went down but had to dismount, and then chase the group down.

Chip lost in the process.

They started around 8, how late do you expect them to start so that they completely miss all the long distance riders. 

As Scotty has already answered the question, I can only add that it's not possible when the route out and back (from the R554 - the road from Carnival City to Alberton) is a shared route.

The 62Km riders need to be off the outbound route before the Elites get back.

Start them too soon, and they interfere with the longer distance.

I just found the group got very jittery weaving between the short distance riders.

If I am not mistaken the Carnival City race delayed the short course riders for this very reason, and it worked.

By the time we caught them we were a mix of VA, VB, VC riders, and less wind than normal made the speeds very high.

for Carnival City, although it's a shared route from the same intersection, the distance to the finish is (1) shorter, (2) has full road closure for the final 5Km, (3) is timed to give the racing distances a chance to get through before them.

Not ideal to share two distances on the same roads to the finish, but it's not really possible without two different start and finish mats.

I just found the group got very jittery weaving between the short distance riders.

If I am not mistaken the Carnival City race delayed the short course riders for this very reason, and it worked.

By the time we caught them we were a mix of VA, VB, VC riders, and less wind than normal made the speeds very high.

Assuming you are talking about AL?

VC started behind AL, so it could be that it was a mixed group of all categories and AL riders. Despite VB being stopped (twice), they never lost too much time on the chasing bunches.

As Scotty has already answered the question, I can only add that it's not possible when the route out and back (from the R554 - the road from Carnival City to Alberton) is a shared route.

The 62Km riders need to be off the outbound route before the Elites get back.

Start them too soon, and they interfere with the longer distance.

for Carnival City, although it's a shared route from the same intersection, the distance to the finish is (1) shorter, (2) has full road closure for the final 5Km, (3) is timed to give the racing distances a chance to get through before them.

Not ideal to share two distances on the same roads to the finish, but it's not really possible without two different start and finish mats.

Assuming you are talking about AL?

VC started behind AL, so it could be that it was a mixed group of all categories and AL riders. Despite VB being stopped (twice), they never lost too much time on the chasing bunches.

Yes AL

At the left turn into Jubilee, there was quite a large group of short course riders. A few of us went past the slipway and took the left between the cones.

The run down Jubilee was the same.

Three crashes in AL, one looked bad.

I don't know what went wrong everyone rode like a tool. Time was ok but like stated above it was chaos on the road.

I didn't enjoy the race to be honest. (Macsteel and Emperors are the ones I'll do from now on)

I have never seen such *** bunch riding......too much weaving and sudden braking.and just far too many crashes. Not to mention the guys straying over the white line....Hope all that crashed are ok.

B batch rode pretty well today and I did not see any crashes.

In my experience BL typically rides more disciplined than the AL gang.

Don't have racing license so cannot comment on the V batches first hand. Have been told they are normally pretty good but circus in VB today does not seem to support that

B batch rode pretty well today and I did not see any crashes.

In my experience BL typically rides more disciplined than the AL gang.

Don't have racing license so cannot comment on the V batches first hand. Have been told they are normally pretty good but circus in VB today does not seem to support that

At higher intensity, the risks are higher too ????????????

Part and parcel of racing

Glad to see this happening!! It's about time that a stance gets taken about this.

Always wind from the left on that stretch and so many times the bunch rides on the right-hand side of the road - the alphabet spaghetti bunches included, when they should ride safe and be helping each other.  Glad to see a stand being taken

Some of us gets puntures as well and if you lose your group we are not allowed to join other lic groups.

Sure I get that but I'm talking about the back enders results in previous races and also the age group comparison in these races which show they way off yet are lic. 

Hey guys . So had to ride VA today as missed my elite start . Borrowed a bottle from a team geanies guy . Can anyone put me in touch , would like to return his bottle

Hey guys . So had to ride VA today as missed my elite start . Borrowed a bottle from a team geanies guy . Can anyone put me in touch , would like to return his bottle

Genasys?

If so you can speak to zatek, 26er or patchelicious. They all ride for team genasys.

Sent from my LG-H735 using Tapatalk

Just rub the bottle and a genies guy will pop out and take it from you.