What's the worst piece of cycling advice you have been given

Dullscalpel

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah its too big but you will grow into it !

and

its really not that far on the map...

At the start of the race, go at your own pace. Don't get caught up in the fast start with the rest of the group.

That comes from a certain cycling program on supersport.

Great advice, take it easy and loose the entire group within the first km and then suffer alone for the rest of the race. Practice what you preach tjops!

Sent from my LG-H735 using Tapatalk

"Please use the search function... this topic has been covered before" :ph34r: (since it's Friday) :ph34r:

haha good one :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Socks make a difference to your ride.

Only long madly colourful socks....

Although secretly between u and i..... short black socks are the real deal :ph34r: 

I am curious to hear all your worst pieces of advice you have been given :)

Freewheel or pedal lightly on the down hills

In theory it should work but I find not in practice. If you not strong on hills, when approaching a climb, move to the front, hit the climb and summit mid pack. Problem is everyone else has the same idea and we all end up sprinting to move to the front sapping what little energy I have before i even get to the start of the climb

You can generate the same power using flat pedals as clipless.... NFW..

But it is true that your foot will lose contact with the pedal exactly when you don't want it too... and when you do as well....

Archived