SRAM and Chain Reaction Cycle orders - disgraceful

sebnac

I personally think that it is disgraceful that Chain Reaction refuse to ship SRAM (and some other brands like Sidi) to South Africa.

These practices are clearly anti-competitive and designed to protect the margin of the South African importers at the expense of South African cyclists. 

I have bought my last SRAM product ever, and will exclusively support Shimano going forward.

I hope that this post will make other cyclists aware of how we are abused by the suppliers (and not for the first time). 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally think that it is disgraceful that Chain Reaction refuse to ship SRAM (and some other brands like Sidi) to South Africa.

These practices are clearly anti-competitive and designed to protect the margin of the South African importers at the expense of South African cyclists. 

I have bought my last SRAM product ever, and will exclusively support Shimano going forward.

I hope that this post will make other cyclists aware of how we are abused by the suppliers (and not for the first time). 

Just buy from evans or bike24

heheheheheheheheheh

You joined the hub so you could rant?.... and not have your facts straight?

Think you might fit in well here!! lol

Research first, think twice before posting.... and welcome!!

thank goodness the guys bringing in Shimano have never been tainted with the anti-competitive brush  :ph34r: ....Not!

First post and you rant.

Do you even own a bicycle?

First post and you rant.

Don't think he does because SRAM/CRC wont let him get the parts for the build ;)

Well, if you had any idea how the people that distribute Shimano within South Africa behave in the market, you'd quickly swallow your words.

see second post :)

Here on the hub we don't read previous posts on a topic. We just post our own.

With 5k posts you should know this

HAhahahahahaha....Shimano....if you only knew....

Might be (are you referring to Cool Heat?), but in last week I bought some Shimano 11 speed components from CRC at almost half the local price (landed incl. Tax / DHL shipping). Crank ; cassette chain ect. ( stuff that will never require any form of warranty.)

Two of my bikes still have full Sram on. Will also replace later with Shimano for the same reason why the OP started this topic.

There might be some kind of local price fixing ( expensive penalty to recover) by local Shimano aka Cool Heat, but fact is I can still order it online from offshore competition.

wow, so THAT's why i could never see sram products on chain reaction cycles! i always wondered about that...  :blink:  thanks for clearing that up sebnac. i've changed my country to uk et voila!

(psst sebnac, get a friend in the uk who visits sa regularly. problem solved  ;) )

Bwahahahaha are you serious you put this up a day early it's not Friday yet newbie.And what is the bet that you will now not respond to any further posts here I will start the bidding at 50 Randellas.

First post and you rant.

Don't need >1,000 inane, non-value add posts to ride a bike, my friend.   Prefer to talk to real people for example shop owners or friends (familiar with concept?). You going to call me to the back of the bus and initiate me?

Archived