• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

some shots of how I corner

3 different runs,i just got the bike today and the super tacky minions are so grippy

Turn your shoulders and hips into the corner, lean your bike more than your body.

Turn your shoulders and hips into the corner, lean your bike more than your body.

pottie helped me with that over the weekend,my splits got 3.5 seconds faster through one section,my head angle was way to slack before so he dropped it and it also made a huge improvement

Edited by mongooser

• 2 years later...

I have a question about foot position. I know most videos say that your outside foot should be down (cranks vertical), but there are cases where your cranks need to be horizontal. In such cases should your outside foot be in the front (leading) or at the back? I'm thinking front as this makes pointing your hips in the right direction easier, but at the back might be better for the weight distribution?

I have a question about foot position. I know most videos say that your outside foot should be down (cranks vertical), but there are cases where your cranks need to be horizontal. In such cases should your outside foot be in the front (leading) or at the back? I'm thinking front as this makes pointing your hips in the right direction easier, but at the back might be better for the weight distribution?

Most people have a favourite foot - for instance I am goofy and ride left foot forward when coasting. I practice right foot forward every now and then. That said, if my pedals need to be flat I am 99,9% of the time going to be only left foot forward. 

Most people have a favourite foot - for instance I am goofy and ride left foot forward when coasting. I practice right foot forward every now and then. That said, if my pedals need to be flat I am 99,9% of the time going to be only left foot forward. 

Yeah, same here, my left foot is my 'chocolate' foot when riding with pedals level. I'm going to experiment a bit with cornering with pedals level (and diagonal) and see if it works better with the outside foot leading or trailing. It might come down to the kind of turn and terrain.

A bit off topic but I'm goofy and ride right foot forward, I think, or maybe I'm confused. Will check tomorrow when I ride.

A bit off topic but I'm goofy and ride right foot forward, I think, or maybe I'm confused. Will check tomorrow when I ride.

I think you're correct. Goofy is right foot forward as far as I know

As far as I am aware, on the flat stuff and lower speeds it's outside foot down, keeps weight over the bike and centre of gravity low. in berms with higher speeds, it's pedals level with your dominant foot forward as you are pushing into the berm and not straight down into the ground.