Faster cornering flat ground?

Mongooser

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's exactly how I cracked my last full face lol,slipped a corner and ate dirt

Yeah except you weren't several seconds up on a World Champs run, Had a huge crash within meters of the finish line and STILL managed to recover and come second.

Apart from that..... Exactly the same.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Yeah except you weren't several seconds up on a World Champs run and STILL managed to recover and come second.

Apart from that..... Exactly the same.

I was riding uct I think when it happened? I managed to come dead last when I fell at paarl 4th...props to him for not coming last and falling Edited by mongooser

We're hosting a skills clinic this weekend (11th Feb) at Bloemendal where I'll be focussing on teaching cornering techniques (berms, flat & high speed corners) if anyone would like to sign up. Take a look at our facebook page for details

Will check on fb,what sort of trails will it be? Never been there Edited by mongooser

Great. The trails there are a mix of berms, small rock gardens and small jumps and pumps.The skills session itself, though, relies heavily on drills on a grassy patch before hand to get the technique and muscle memory right.

1. Don't take riding advice from people on an internet forum

2. Go on to youtube and look up Fabien Barel flat corners. He's a 2x DH world champion who's made a bunch of instructional video's.

That Fabien video sorted out all my cornering issues. Keep going back and checking it every now and then just to brush up and then go practice in a parking lot for a bit. 

That Fabien video sorted out all my cornering issues. Keep going back and checking it every now and then just to brush up and then go practice in a parking lot for a bit.

I did the left right left thing on dirt at fast speed and slipped out well compressing the fork,it works quite well to compress in corners that are tight

1. Don't take riding advice from people on an internet forum - except this advice. This you can take.

2. Go on to youtube and look up Fabien Barel flat corners. He's a 2x DH world champion who's made a bunch of instructional video's.

1. Don't take riding advice from people on an internet forum - except this advice. This you can take.

It's not riding advice. That lighti rides better than most of the okes on here happily giving him riding tips.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

It's not riding advice. That lighti rides better than most of the okes on here happily giving him riding tips.

schweet. was just taking the p!ss.