Anyone using Zwift?

Jup, I had to point a fan at my trainer if I knew I was doing the Alpe, otherwise it would let go of the resistance after a while to protect itself.

So, now I just have the 'difficuly' at 50%, which allows me to use a gear that keeps the trainer flywheel speed higher at the same cadence.

Cost of a new trainer > ego of MUST BE 100%

Done that before too. What trainer have you got BTW?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jup, I had to point a fan at my trainer if I knew I was doing the Alpe, otherwise it would let go of the resistance after a while to protect itself.

So, now I just have the 'difficuly' at 50%, which allows me to use a gear that keeps the trainer flywheel speed higher at the same cadence.

Cost of a new trainer > ego of MUST BE 100%

I also have a fan blowing directly on Kickr. With all the climbing for TRON bike never had one issue of irregular power readings or cutting out. Would say most of the climbing was done up Epic KOM or Alpe du Zwift.

Zwift set to about 70% difficulty to still have fairly close spacing between gears. I weigh 95kg and use a MTB on Kickr.

One way around this is to pick Road to Sky etc. but do a 90-120min workout instead of a free ride. That way the trainer isn't punished and you get the workout+climbing. 

This works, or just deselect the controllable trainer and basically do a free ride.

I have just started doing workouts on TrainerRoad again and run Zwift as above, and select some hilly routes to clock up the elevation.

I am using a new Elite Direto X and havent had any overheating issues yet. But about to fit an aircon in the paincave for summer so I hope it will be fine as the hours increase.

Zwift Academy workout #1 complete. Crikey moses, if you think holding 110%+ for 8 minutes is difficult when you're fresh, imagine doing it after several minutes already at >100% FTP. 

I'm happy I did it in a group, I'm uncertain I would've succeeded at the 8 min effort it it wasn't for the little avatars around me and the chirping on the chat. 

Zwift Academy workout #1 complete. Crikey moses, if you think holding 110%+ for 8 minutes is difficult when you're fresh, imagine doing it after several minutes already at >100% FTP. 

I'm happy I did it in a group, I'm uncertain I would've succeeded at the 8 min effort it it wasn't for the little avatars around me and the chirping on the chat. 

The chatting always confuses me. Normally there I am, ready to puke of effort, and those around you are discussing weather...

But it definitely does help if you are in a group, you push harder.

Silly question i`m sure.....

My road bike has gone in for some tlc. Is it possible to connect my tandem to the smart trainer and ride on zwift in the interim ? Only i will be on the bike so should not affect power etc. 

Silly question i`m sure.....

My road bike has gone in for some tlc. Is it possible to connect my tandem to the smart trainer and ride on zwift in the interim ? Only i will be on the bike so should not affect power etc. 

Cant think that it will be a problem. Any incompatibilities for fitment will be visible before you start pedaling.

Ooh, two up on a tandem on the trainer!  That's something I've not thought of before.  Would be interesting to see the final drive power.

But then you put in the weight of both riders, else it's not fair, and I'm uncertain Zwift goes that high on weight, jokes aside. 

Edited by mecheng89

Do any of you guys find that you have a significantly greater amount of sack chafing when on your IDT and what is the cause or solution?

I have none when on the road, but am being eaten on the trainer.

Came here for some opinions. But I really disliked the group training - there was just simply too many together. Maybe I just happened to be in a huge group.

Did workout 2 on my own and it was much better. Also prefer the luxury of scheduling it at my convenience.

Edited by SeaBee

Came here for some opinions. But I really disliked the group training - there was just simply too many together. Maybe I just happened to be in a huge group.

Did workout 2 on my own and it was much better. Also prefer the luxury of scheduling it at my convenience.

I've been doing all the ZA workouts solo up the Alpe. Mostly because you don't get XP for the mileage you do during workouts, so I get the drops bonus instead plus I get to coast down afterwards for free XP. The bonus XP from the wheel of fortune at the top is nice too. It's also handy if you're still working towards the Tron bike and/or the Masochist badge

Haha, also do this for a lot of my workouts!

Really nice if the wheel falls on the wheelset again - then it's 1000 XP instead of 250 - which is also not to be sneezed at.

I've been doing all the ZA workouts solo up the Alpe. Mostly because you don't get XP for the mileage you do during workouts, so I get the drops bonus instead plus I get to coast down afterwards for free XP. The bonus XP from the wheel of fortune at the top is nice too. It's also handy if you're still working towards the Tron bike and/or the Masochist badge

Must remember to do this!