Is this what happens when you start cycling???

Dullscalpel

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I exhibit all of those symptoms. Ai, what to do... I know, buy another bike :D

The most important thing you've done is to break the denial

Now...

Lock up your credit card (like a nuclear football) where access to it requires the authorisation of 14 people.

The most important thing you've done is to break the denial

Now...

Lock up your credit card (like a nuclear football) where access to it requires the authorisation of 14 people.

That is some fine advice!

I exhibit all of those symptoms. Ai, what to do... I know, buy another bike :D

Perhaps 'Dale will explain N+1 to you as it answers that question

That is some fine advice!

MMm wish I had been given  that advice.....

I naively thought that once you bought the bike, kit etc.  that you were then done. 

It is so not like that!

I naively thought that once you bought the bike, kit etc.  that you were then done. 

Me too.  I also thought thought the cost would be way less than owning a motorcycle.  :blink:

I am so broken. :wacko:

I used to discuss purchases with my wife. Now, I find myself sneaking around, buying parts and accessories behind her back, hiding my stuff in the garage, under a tarp.

Sometimes I get confronted and have to lie about things. At first it was hard, but now it just slips out like second nature. "Oh that, no I just borrowed it from Peter" and "It was cheap. Cycle computers are like R60" are the kind of things I would say to her.

This is so messed up. The only way I feel better is on my bike, wind in my face, feeling the freedom. It puts a smile on my face and a warmth in my heart I can't explain.

I feel so torn apart!

Hi. My name is Halfdoesyn and I am a sufferer.

I am so broken. :wacko:

I used to discuss purchases with my wife. Now, I find myself sneaking around, buying parts and accessories behind her back, hiding my stuff in the garage, under a tarp.

Sometimes I get confronted and have to lie about things. At first it was hard, but now it just slips out like second nature. "Oh that, no I just borrowed it from Peter" and "It was cheap. Cycle computers are like R60" are the kind of things I would say to her.

This is so messed up. The only way I feel better is on my bike, wind in my face, feeling the freedom. It puts a smile on my face and a warmth in my heart I can't explain.

I feel so torn apart!

Hi. My name is Halfdoesyn and I am a sufferer.

My wife does not ask, and I don't volunteer any info. I have seen some increased activity on my credit card when I have indulged in my habit in the past. This 'Sorbet' my wife swipes the card at must make one mean Sunday. Who pays R2000 for Ice cream?!

When things really go bad is when you start inventing new genre/types of cycling so you need more bikes for fulfilling those needs... kinda how "enduro' came about... :thumbup: