Chain rings cause damage to cyclist - race rightly cancelled

carbon29er

As Ventoso and that liar Doull were quick to point out, bits on a bike that cause other riders serious damage are NOT acceptable in the peloton and should be banned.

But what if the damage is caused by chainrings?

When caused by a flying tandem at the start of the Funride World Champs it's pleasing that organiser did the right thing and cancelled the whole race.  After all we can't have cyclists exposed to any risk.

post-35786-0-00982200-1489317203_thumb.jpg

post-35786-0-44806800-1489317201_thumb.jpg

Luckily not me. My Captain. I just hope the offending chainrings were as clean as mine were at the start.

Yassis! Bring the pitchforks and torches! Down with all chainrings.... imagine that was single blade chainring, those would've dug deep....

As a remarked to a friend who would've done the Cycle Tour with me: The right decision was made.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

I reckon Carbon29 was so frustrated at the tour being cancelled that he bit him

Hahahahahaha

If that was a picture of Vogel, I would actually believe it ????????????????

That must bee one classy road-bike-tandem.

"Take that for not shaving your legs smooth before the 40th CycleTour"..

Hahahahahaha

If that was a picture of Vogel, I would actually believe it [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Quote if the week!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any case

Was the stoker falling on his boom-boom with the extreme wind tunnel obstacle at the beginning of the course

Then the dismounted pilot catching the white beast and getting it under control

The lumo yellow team and the blue team fell first, that alerted the rest of us.

I skidded a few metres in the cleats pushed by the tandem then another two tandems joined the fray and they won. Guy fell over the bottom one and the other 2 teams both fell.  It was like a frenzied attack of the zombies by tandems.

I managed to stay upright. And more important, so did my bike.

One of the other stokers wearing the Mighty Q was salvaged by a kindly spectator otherwise I reckon she'd have ended in Table Bay.

I'm really disappointed that the weight of the Cycliq videos front and back meant they were left for the 2nd round. That would have been spectacular footage. Never again. If I ride they ride.

I paid a fortune to John Eloff to have a more compact bite than a hillbilly's.

One brand new pair of Rudy's was lost in the fray.

Archived